Bad Idea Of The Day (Cars) - Page 82
Close

Bad Idea Of The Day (Cars)

This is a discussion on Bad Idea Of The Day (Cars) within the Craigslist/Ebay forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; just poking around.... challenger sheetmetal isnt that bad.......

Page 82 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: Bad Idea Of The Day (Cars)

just poking around.... challenger sheetmetal isnt that bad....
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

challenger kit car prototype.

Name:  72-Dodge-Challenger-Kit-DV-10-AI_01.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  357.6 KB

did you know that Dale Earnhardt sr worked for Petty and was the test driver for the kit car program? it's how he got his start. here he is sliding one of the prototypes:
    Name:  EarnKitCar.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  64.2 KB

http://www.superbirdclub.com/EarnhardtKitCar.html
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

look at this fucking thing:
    50's dirt track car

Name:  00G0G_cA7cy306i7J_600x450.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  34.3 KB
    drgonzo and thechief86 like this.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Fk5
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    I would have to check but the tranny is an A518 (46RE) . From what I am reading on-line I just need to find a 2WD tailshaft/bolt on overdrive to convert to 2wd, or Worst case scenario is I go and get a ram flywheel and clutch and a bellhousing and nv3500 out of a 2wd dakota and make it a manual. Jeep starter is on the drivers side but all the magnum swap guides say replace it with a mini-starter anyway.

Roadkill wasn't the first time someone did that, just the first time roadkill did that.
    That would be awesome. My *real* car is a 4 speed, but I have an efi Imperial that I'd love to dump an A500 in. It has no real power, so I'd rather keep the steep 1st. I can get 24 mpg with it now, but that is because it is pushing a 2.24 rear. I thought most of the suggestions were to stick with pre-1995 RWD, I am looking to pull one out of van, but at the rate I move, I probably won't get around to trying to it until 2027. Post-1995 has more computer controls, but if you are going for the whole driveline you should get away with it.

The Jeep doesn't have a mini-starter? I think the Dakotas had them from at least '95 back. I had a shop do a Magnum swap for me cause I didn't have a garage at the time. You have to shim a motor mount and I think swap something with the radiator hoses. Other than that you should have covered all other issues (flexplate) by keeping the engine/trans together. Other than that, I think you just set up the kickdown and get some car headers because I think the truck ones dump into the steering box.

this is the best resource for magnum swap info:
    Magnumswap.com - Your source for Dodge Magnum and Mopar engine swap tech.

pre 1996 is OBD I, which makes things simple because it is really simple FI. OBDII is not that much more complex but does have a lot of sensors. However, if you want to do OBDII the general consensus is to stick to pre-2000s vehicles because the body harness gets way more integrated and the anti-theft measures are more complex. Swapping a 1998 OBDII shouldn't be more complex than an OBDI swap, it's just more labor.

You don't see a lot of hellcat swaps right now because the body harness is so integrated with the ECM that the fucking thing won't run without the stock taillights (there are people who have found work arounds - see gas monkey's shartcat dodge dart). The body control module integration stuff just made the whole thing a much bigger bitch to do swaps, maybe to sell more crate engines? I dunno.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

I would have to check but the tranny is an A518 (46RE) . From what I am reading on-line I just need to find a 2WD tailshaft/bolt on overdrive to convert to 2wd, or Worst case scenario is I go and get a ram flywheel and clutch and a bellhousing and nv3500 out of a 2wd dakota and make it a manual. Jeep starter is on the drivers side but all the magnum swap guides say replace it with a mini-starter anyway.
    Roadkill wasn't the first time someone did that, just the first time roadkill did that.

BangShift.com Street Legal Circle Track Camaro

Bryan Fishel's Street-Legal Circle Track Car - Hot Rod Magazine

dirt track, race car, street conversion race car, Southern Iowa Fair Grounds, oskaloosa, lance smith : Information on collecting cars ? Legendary Collector Cars
    Hey, I could see that OHC Pontiac six in something akin to that street legal Modified. The exhaust possibilities alone are staggering. I vote 6 into 2 headers with dual turn out pipes on the same side.

I have seen guys fit 30's hot rod bodies to dirt mod frames. There is one on CL right now. The problem is that a lot of them actually use cross tubing to box the engine in and most would need to be modified.

1934 Plymouth Coupe Custom built hot rod coupe

Name:  00202_g1N613jdVUy_600x450.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  39.7 KB
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Fk5
    this is the best resource for magnum swap info:
    Magnumswap.com - Your source for Dodge Magnum and Mopar engine swap tech.

pre 1996 is OBD I, which makes things simple because it is really simple FI. OBDII is not that much more complex but does have a lot of sensors. However, if you want to do OBDII the general consensus is to stick to pre-2000s vehicles because the body harness gets way more integrated and the anti-theft measures are more complex. Swapping a 1998 OBDII shouldn't be more complex than an OBDI swap, it's just more labor.

You don't see a lot of hellcat swaps right now because the body harness is so integrated with the ECM that the fucking thing won't run without the stock taillights (there are people who have found work arounds - see gas monkey's shartcat dodge dart). The body control module integration stuff just made the whole thing a much bigger bitch to do swaps, maybe to sell more crate engines? I dunno.
    I was just referring to the trans. I think '96 and up have computer controlled trannys. You can buy controllers to work some, but with the early O/Ds, you can just use toggles, or vacuum switches to run the O/D and lock-up if it is a 3-wire.

Now, back to the street legal modifieds!

I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

you are never going to buy one. just admit it.
    thechief86, jaguar and raven like this.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Page 82 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links