Need help with which bike to buy!!! - Page 2
Close

Need help with which bike to buy!!!

This is a discussion on Need help with which bike to buy!!! within the Craigslist/Ebay forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I was looking for a slightly bigger bike but like you said they're hard to find...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Need help with which bike to buy!!!

I was looking for a slightly bigger bike but like you said they're hard to find

Get the 1980 Honda 125 CB on CL.

Service it using the factory manual, and just ride it as it is.

Your first bike is not a café fashion accessory, it's tool of learning how to survive on the road, and cheap transport.

Go book an MSF course today.

It's going to cost you hundreds for safety gear, have you factored that in?

Forget the fat wheeled bike, it's just crap sonny. Honestly

Danger, is my business."

I just looked up a picture to show as reference lol . I'm saving my money to build my car which is what I'm passionate about but also want a bike to putt around town/take to shows while I'm working on my car. No need to be rude . This also isn't my "dream bike" just something I car ride/build this summer then sell it and either get a bigger cb or build a bike from scratch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I have rode dirtbikes all my life,I've had my motorcycle lincense for some time and recently sold a street bike I had since I was 16. I am capable of riding and have safety gear. I'm not really looking for safety advice just wanted a second opinion on the two bikes I posted.

I also don't want a stock bike that's no fun that's not the reason I want a bike I like building things up like I do with cars just bike are a lot cheaper and would be a fun side project

Quote Originally Posted by Kcross View Post
    I just looked up a picture to show as reference lol . I'm saving my money to build my car which is what I'm passionate about but also want a bike to putt around town/take to shows while I'm working on my car. No need to be rude . This also isn't my "dream bike" just something I car ride/build this summer then sell it and either get a bigger cb or build a bike from scratch.
    It's not rude, it's reality.

If you can't afford to build a car, how do you plan to have any money left over to buy and maintain a bike? That's reality too.

Save your pennies, and get a bigger bike later.

Forget the " putt around town, take it to shows, and " the building experience ". It really is wallet and soul destroying nonsense for a noob.

http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/5056789686.html :This bike just seems neglected and in need of work and needs bucks thrown at it, I'd avoid it. Only think of paying for bikes that run good when you go and look at them. If it doesn't start in three or four kicks from dead cold, just walk away.

Danger, is my business."
    Last edited by Witworth; 06-05-2015 at 09:38 AM.

I can afford to build my car trust me I am pushing over 450hp to the rear wheels. I'm saving up for an engine swap that is $10000 to complete I'd rather spend $1000 on a bike do all the fab work in my shop for nothing and have a bike I can ride and take to shows while I am building my car.

- - - Updated - - -

I swear every og forum member just tries to rip people who just join a new one lol

I thought forums were about giving advice, showing off your builds and asking technical questions not getting roasted for asking a simple question. I'm not looking for financial advice if i have to put money into it so be it I'm not really worried about it

Sorry you didn't get the answers you wanted.

But that's just the way the world works, I'm afraid.

But then you didn't really want answers, just vague justifications to affirm buying a small cheap motorcycle.

Danger, is my business."

P.S.: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/new-m...ead-first.html
    Last edited by Witworth; 06-05-2015 at 09:47 AM.

That's the way you work. I'm sure there is people on this forum who are not here just to put people down (maybe it makes you feel better about your self) and act like just because someone has a budget means that they can't afford a better bike. I honestly would rather buy an engine to swap in my car than buy a bike. If I spent $3000 on a bike I couldn't justify that to myself because that could be a new set of wheels of my car.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links