Cafe Racer Forum banner

04 harley 883

6K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  o1marc 
#1 ·
#2 ·
what happened to the seat?

… you should ask him what it does the quarter mile in,
the Harley Street 750 apparently pulls 13.69 seconds at 93.8 mph and a stock iron 883 does 14.53 at 90.8 mph That might be a reasonable gauge of how it runs, especially if he can't better either of those numbers :)

#7 ·
There seems to be something odd with the footpegs. In the ad he mentioned a footpeg relocation kit, but it looks they have been moved a bit forward.
That seat is just fugly.

I had a bone stock '94 883 for a few years and after learning that you had to pretty much keep it at WOT and not shift into 5th until 80mph it was a pretty good bike except for the crappy 1 1/2 inch travel rear shocks.

A buddy had a 2004, and I liked the 94 much better- it just felt more substantial.

#13 ·
SXR Street Tracker - Phil Little Racing ~ Vintage Racing Motorcycle and Snowmobile Parts

i think the cutoff is 2008 models because they are fuel injected, better to check with him.

Now ow before you go "that's a street tracker derp-a-derp" I want you to consider something: most of Harley's racing heritage is in Sportsters racing flat track so any race replica is going to use flat track parts. Even when the motor company made their own factory cafe racer, the XLCR, they used flat track styled bodywork. With Phil little's kit all I would do if I wanted to look more road race and less dirt track is swap out the number plate and slideaway bars for some clipons and a emgo viper fairing.

#15 ·
I would question the choice in shocks. Yes, the RFY shocks can be made to work well, but I doubt that 1. They were rebuilt, because he would've mentioned that, and 2. I don't think I would trust them to be strong enough for a bike that heavy.

The he lower shackles are not that beefy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.