Opinions? 1981 Virago
Close

Opinions? 1981 Virago

This is a discussion on Opinions? 1981 Virago within the Craigslist/Ebay forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I've been looking around for a little while and came across this today. I'm not afraid of a challenge, but I'm wondering if it's more ...

Opinions? 1981 Virago

I've been looking around for a little while and came across this today. I'm not afraid of a challenge, but I'm wondering if it's more trouble than it's worth, though it fits my budget for sure...

1981 Yamaha Virago 750 complete for parts or repair

Jay

Hello Jay.

If your going to make it a nice cafe themed bike......I didn't know your budget was $6000

If you were going to just get it up and running and safe for use.......I didn't know your budget $2000

If you found one running, titled and a lot less "challenging" you may find them around $1500. That would be a bike you could probably take the long way home from there.

I've learned over the years that these cheapos........even if you got it for $50......in the long run are a lot more money and work. However......of all the 80s bikes that are cut up and made into cafe bikes these virago 750s are the nicest.....just my opinion.

Good luck to ya.

Not to tell you what to purchase cause that's personal to everyone but as an example.

This would also make a nice project that you might be able to haggle down, ride home, then take that seat off...put some trucks and wheels on it and drop in to your favorite half pipe.

Name:  Screenshot_2015-12-23-15-15-32-1.png
Views: 207
Size:  1.19 MB

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Buy a newer running bike that you already like. It'll save you a ton of money and bullshit.
    It ain't easy bein' fat and greasy.

I can guarantee that there are parts missing. There always are.

No way it's "complete".

Run away and don't look back.

Hey everyone, new guy here. I'm starting to research and learn about what I want in a build. I'm very handy and will try to do everything myself to save money since I'm on a pretty tight budget, but aren't we all!?! I've had bikes in the past, the latest of which was a 2008 Yamaha VStar 1300. It was a sweet bike and looked killer once I was done playing with it. I sold it to buy a truck and I really miss it. What I miss most is working on it, cleaning it, modifying it to fit me... all the fun stuff that made it mine. So I'm kicking around a new project and figured I'd jump on here to learn a few things. Thanks for reading this and Merry Christmas.

Jay

It seems like you know better. Buy something that runs or almost runs and is complete. Fix it up and slowly modify it to make it you.
    Last edited by BigAl8295; 12-24-2015 at 06:49 AM.

Run, run for the nearest downtown lounge! Have a scotch...

Sponsored Links