Which one to get? - Page 4
Close

Which one to get?

This is a discussion on Which one to get? within the Craigslist/Ebay forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Geeto67 Sv650 is a fine bike, but ask yourself - why didn't you ride it more the last time? Was it too ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Which one to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    Sv650 is a fine bike, but ask yourself - why didn't you ride it more the last time? Was it too much to manage? Did you feel intimidated by it? Did you ever get off it with the feeling you would kill yourself on it one day? Or was it boring? Put some thought into it and then let us know in detail.
    At the time I had the SV I was single, lived in queens, and just got my license. All my friends that ride were all they way out in Suffolk. I also had the bike tucked on the back of a parking garage. I had to move a car and push it around a pole to get it out. I wasn't bored just got lazy and got married then kids.
    I'm in a house now and have room in my garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    im a big fan of people riding anything and everything so they get a feel of what they like in motorcycling.

Gold Coast on Jericho tpke is an Enfield dealer if you want to see one up close without committing to anything. Bikes are $5k-$7k new and can be financed. Used is the best way to go because I think a basic bonneville is $8k and much more motorcycle.

You our may or may not know it but port Washington was once the motorcycling nirvana thanks to sonny and sal at Ghost Motorcycles.
    Thanks I'll stop by Gold Coast and take a look.
    I often see ghost moto selling shirts on main st.
    I'll check them out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ardew View Post
    At the time I had the SV I was single, lived in queens, and just got my license. All my friends that ride were all they way out in Suffolk. I also had the bike tucked on the back of a parking garage. I had to move a car and push it around a pole to get it out.
    Single, just got your license. Had the constant opportunity to ride 70 miles on a peninsula to see friends. Had a parking garage to keep the bike out of the weather.

Had to move the car to get it out?

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by DohcBikes View Post
    Single, just got your license. Had the constant opportunity to ride 70 miles on a peninsula to see friends. Had a parking garage to keep the bike out of the weather.

Wow.
    I know lame excuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Wow.
    Is this you being a dick, or not being a dick?
    DohcBikes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hillsy View Post
    Is this you being a dick, or not being a dick?
    Yes? It feels like a yes, I think. Or it could be a no. Either way, sounds to me like a cager.

Yes? It feels like a yes, I think. Or it could be a no. Either way, sounds to me like a cager.
    Yeah you got me all figured out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s10hornet likes this.

Ha!! Zing!
    Thanks for that one, new guy.

That DOuCHeBIKES troll, don't mind him.
    We've seemed to be visited by the likes of his(hers, it's?? #PC) type all to much lately.
    Listen to Geeto n Jag n such.

As far as your vertical aptitude, you'll be fine not being able to flat foot both feet.
    I'm 5'6" with shoes on and spend most of my time on a stock height Suzuki DR350.
    It's tippy toes if I'm trying to touch both feet, but that's not an issue, 'cause I scootch over a bit to hang a cheek. Then it's flat foot as much as I want.
    Admittedly, near the end of a long day riding or 'cause it's loaded for camping, I do keep an eye out for a welcoming curb to swing the leg over.
    Your moto selection becomes limited when saddle height becomes an issue. Don't make it an issue.
    Learning the balance qualities of your bike makes you a better rider.

As far as bike selection, get a DR350 or back to the SV, but with superbike bars and a can.
    A DR350 will take you around the world:

And an upright SV will just be funner than shit when you get the hang of it.

NE
    Subscribe to SIX HOT ISSUES!! of WarmPipe for only $29.99!!! Interweb NOW!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CurbTiger View Post
    Ha!! Zing!
    Thanks for that one, new guy.

That DOuCHeBIKES troll, don't mind him.
    We've seemed to be visited by the likes of his(hers, it's?? #PC) type all to much lately.
    Listen to Geeto n Jag n such.

As far as your vertical aptitude, you'll be fine not being able to flat foot both feet.
    I'm 5'6" with shoes on and spend most of my time on a stock height Suzuki DR350.
    It's tippy toes if I'm trying to touch both feet, but that's not an issue, 'cause I scootch over a bit to hang a cheek. Then it's flat foot as much as I want.
    Admittedly, near the end of a long day riding or 'cause it's loaded for camping, I do keep an eye out for a welcoming curb to swing the leg over.
    Your moto selection becomes limited when saddle height becomes an issue. Don't make it an issue.
    Learning the balance qualities of your bike makes you a better rider.

As far as bike selection, get a DR350 or back to the SV, but with superbike bars and a can.
    A DR350 will take you around the world:

And an upright SV will just be funner than shit when you get the hang of it.

NE
    Sounds good curb thank you!
    I'll look into a dr350 as well.
    Very cool video.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links