1974 Honda CB360
Close

1974 Honda CB360

This is a discussion on 1974 Honda CB360 within the Craigslist/Ebay forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; 1974 Honda CB360 On Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Honda-CB/163802408956?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1974 Honda CB360

Slightly confused:
    How can it have clear title and no ownership papers?
    & how could a seized engine bike with no ownership be a candidate for "cafe or restoration"?

Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    He's obviously trying a CYA but price is too high without a title. Not bad looking nike though, In some ways I'm kinda sorry I made 360 reliable so it became popular. Lot of people 'om ther bandwaggon ' searching them out and scrapping them which I find sad as they should be restored and ridden
    I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    Slightly confused:
    How can it have clear title and no ownership papers?
    & how could a seized engine bike with no ownership be a candidate for "cafe or restoration"?
    A complete bike. Yes, a seized engine, but a rebuild or bore isn't expensive on 360. Title/ownership papers are a non-issue in some US states. I title bikes in Ohio when I go to Mid-Ohio every year. Georgia, where I live, is a non-title state. So, anything made before 1985 doesn't get a title unless it already has one. A Bill of Sale, VIN check and a form filled out by a county Sheriff gets you a legal registration and tag. Take the bike to Ohio, sell it to a friend with a BOS who gets a title, buy it back and title it in Georgia. I have a Volksrod I've been driving the last year with nothing but a registration and tag. It's a non-issue except that some people refuse to buy anything without a title, so it really just shrinks your buyers market a tiny bit. I don't think the price is high because of a non-title. I think it's a bit high if it's locked up, though.
    Last edited by irk_miller; 08-07-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazypj View Post
    In some ways I'm kinda sorry I made 360 reliable so it became popular.
    This is funny. They don't need the mods to be reliable, and you know that. They are popular because they are plentiful and easy to work on, and the popularity wears out when they quit being plentiful.

Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    Asyou know, I don't care about locked up motors as all mine get a 378cc conversion
    I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

jcw
    Quote Originally Posted by irk_miller View Post
    A complete bike. Yes, a seized engine, but a rebuild or bore isn't expensive on 360. Title/ownership papers are a non-issue in some US states. I title bikes in Ohio when I go to Mid-Ohio every year. Georgia, where I live, is a non-title state. So, anything made before 1985 doesn't get a title unless it already has one. A Bill of Sale, VIN check and a form filled out by a county Sheriff gets you a legal registration and tag. Take the bike to Ohio, sell it to a friend with a BOS who gets a title, buy it back and title it in Georgia. I have a Volksrod I've been driving the last year with nothing but a registration and tag. It's a non-issue except that some people refuse to buy anything without a title, so it really just shrinks your buyers market a tiny bit. I don't think the price is high because of a non-title. I think it's a bit high if it's locked up, though.
    A lot of assumptions here...

I called my local sheriff or law enforcement office when I was interested in buying a no title bike asking if they would fill out “the form”. They basically told me no way without a title, even though my intention was to get one. Then they started accusing me of trying to title stolen bikes and I hung up.

Sell it to a friend in Ohio... how many of us have friends in Ohio?

I’ve seen it done with surety bonds and a Bonded Title and a whole lotta time.
    Last edited by jcw; 08-07-2019 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcw View Post

Sell it to a friend in Ohio... how many of us have friends in Ohio?
    Geeto's gonna set up a side gig
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by irk_miller View Post
    I don't think the price is high because of a non-title. I think it's a bit high if it's locked up, though.
    Depending on what state it finally arrives at will either make the non-title an issue or not.

In California......depending on where it's at in the system.......it can either be a light peck on the cheek or a violent ass fucking. And everything needs a title here

Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Depending on what state it finally arrives at will either make the non-title an issue or not.

In California......depending on where it's at in the system.......it can either be a light peck on the cheek or a violent ass fucking. And everything needs a title here
    Mid 7 years still the magic number out there?
    I always find a soap box useful to get on my high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by roccitycafe View Post
    .... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

My GS550 Build Thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links