Agatt
Close

Agatt

This is a discussion on Agatt within the Gear forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; So it's time for me to start getting gear, bit at a time. What's the best bang for the buck racing/dd boot out there. I'm ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agatt

Agatt

So it's time for me to start getting gear, bit at a time. What's the best bang for the buck racing/dd boot out there. I'm used to wearing Asics wrestling shoes in my race car, but am aware I need more protection than that but not a massive MX boot. Something that is not out of place after getting off the bike and going about biz. Any thoughts. Keep in mind I am the cheapest MFer around but will not settle for less than quality. I'll shop for the last dollar.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

Sometimes this place Motorcycle Boots - Motorcycle Superstore has some deals, check all the big gear companies for sales and close outs or overstocks. You can sometimes find good stuff on Amazon but it's rare. Good luck -Will

Quote Originally Posted by Lpst View Post
    Sometimes this place Motorcycle Boots - Motorcycle Superstore has some deals, check all the big gear companies for sales and close outs or overstocks. You can sometimes find good stuff on Amazon but it's rare. Good luck -Will

i'm already checking out that site.I googled "motorcycle racing boots" and they were the first to come up. I learned a long time ago to believe very little of what some one who is trying to sell you something has to say about it. I'm looking more for recommendations from the guys who are actually racing them. You know the saying : We offer quality, speed, and cheap pricing. You can have 2 of the above." Of course I want all 3 but will settle for quality and cheap. Just looking for the lightest , safe racing boot. More for racing than the street, but with that as an option.

That site only lists street boots and nothing designated race boot.
    Last edited by o1marc; 06-13-2015 at 10:00 PM.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, too old to take an ass whooping, and a cop is too heavy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Sidi, Gaerne, AlpineStars. Name brands only, you get what you pay for, even when you buy the cheaper name brand models. That very much relates to their protection level, as well.

But, you can get lucky. I got a pair of "no-name" black sport-style road boots a while back, they were very cheap, like $85, or very close to it from memory. I can't fault them at all. I use them on road bikes and on the dirt, they work just fine. I don't use them at track days, I like AlpineStars for that.

If you can't try them on in person, you are just playing craps with the cheaper and lesser known brands.

If you have a close size estimate, there are plenty of good used boots on eBay that have been worn about five times. There are plenty of boot bargains there, for sure.

Danger, is my business."

The boots I'm looking at the more reasons they fit my criteria the more expensive they get, up to $500. And that ain't in the budget. I new Whit would tell me of a hell of a deal he got that I would chase geese for. But I will take your advice and check out eBay.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

I rode Sidi cycling shoes for years and were always good wearing/fitting shoes. How that transfers to their moto gear, I have no idea.

Italian made boots are always better quality than others. Sidi, Gaerne, Scarpa , I've had plenty.

Plenty of good quality boots around, but Italians are best.

Danger, is my business."

Now I'm kinda liking this boot. watch the video which shows it in white and black for fair weather and only black for rain. I never plan to ride my bike in the rain so that is not needed even if I happen to get caught out in a storm. My suit will be mostly white so the boots would match and keep some form over the function. Go ahead and tell me any negatives on this boot.
    Cortech Latigo Waterproof RR Boot - RevZilla
    Last edited by o1marc; 06-13-2015 at 10:20 PM.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

What was funny was the expensive "real" Sparco racing shoes I had for the car were not prone to walking around in and they were worn out in one season. I then said f*ck it and bought the lightest nylon Asics wrestling shoe I could find because I had the best feel for the car with them. I would have expected them to last a short order also but ended up wearing the same pair for 20 years and still have them now with no holes in them. Whit, the quality stuff I have used over the years hasn't worn out. Of course I don't put 200k miles a year on mine like you do.
    www.CreativeCandy.org

Quote Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
    Now I'm kinda liking this boot. watch the video which shows it in white and black for fair weather and only black for rain. I never plan to ride my bike in the rain so that is not needed even if I happen to get caught out in a storm. My suit will be mostly white so the boots would match and keep some form over the function. Go ahead and tell me any negatives on tis boot.
    Cortech Latigo Waterproof RR Boot - RevZilla
    Waterproof and breathable properties are often overstated, they might only stay dry for one hour. Far easier to carry a cheap set of nylon overboots. For serious crash protection, you really need three clasps, not just velco and a zipper. But they would give you plenty of safety for normal street use, and have enough clumpy plastic lumps to protect against impact. If you can't walk a mile in road boots, they can become pretty useless, pretty quick.

Scarpa, not Sparco. Yeah I know, the GoKart boots.

Most of my possessions seem to never wear out, I buy quality, and I'm lucky. It sounds corny, but it's true. My clothes never seem to age or wear out either. I really am lucky when it comes to shit. I should have put all my stuff over the years in a storage container, my God that would be a horde from Hell.

Danger, is my business."
    Last edited by Witworth; 06-13-2015 at 10:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links