Cafe Racer Helmet Guide 2017 - Page 2
Close

Cafe Racer Helmet Guide 2017

This is a discussion on Cafe Racer Helmet Guide 2017 within the Gear forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; the other thing about open face helmets is the enhanced hearing loss ,which will occur with any helmet even the latest and greatest without earplugs ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Cafe Racer Helmet Guide 2017

the other thing about open face helmets is the enhanced hearing loss ,which will occur with any helmet even the latest and greatest without earplugs
    oh wait the bike has got to run well enough to get up to speed so NEVERMIND

I have never owned an open face helmet. My very first helmet was a Bellstar 120. I looked bitchen on my Yamaha YM-1.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

I buy a new open faced helmet every 1 to 3 years and my favourite is the Hebo Happy to say almost all of them have saved my noggin from numerous confrontations with rocks trees and flying motorcycles have the videos to prove it. Even have one ( an NZI ) that is specifically for riding indoors.

Would I wear any of them on the street; tried it briefly but mostly no, it feels weird and inappropriate wearing an open face helmet on the street as it does wearing a full faced helmet riding trials. The ones posted by the OP look like total crap helmets to me, they don't appear to have decent venting or even a sun peak, you are paying mostly for a paint job.

... if you want to look dapper, stay in good shape and buy yourself a spandex onesie
    Last edited by TrialsRider; 07-27-2017 at 05:44 AM.
    drgonzo and slofut like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

i bought a new white snell 80 bell magnum for trials,this youtube from the day is at donner ski ranch my favorite trials event place
    we are talking terrain man, serious terrain granite slabs everywhere
    traction ? you bet it was bitchen up there

I could esily fall off any of those rocks and totally kill myself doing it. Easy Peasy and I am pushing up daisies.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Arrow

meh, those rocks aren't so big, this was Josh's second attempt at this rock the first attempt resulted in an almost identical crash, listen for his Beta impacting my helmet.
    lol and that wasn't the end of a terrific riding day this was the start of it

Fk5
    Quote Originally Posted by slofut View Post
    Somewhere there is a pic of a guy (I've seen it) that took a bad fall with an open face helmet. He has a head with half a lower jaw and no face, only a tongue hanging out of a hole in his neck ...and he lived. I see that image in my mind every time I put on my open faced helmet. Looking for a real helmet as we speak.
    My wife watched a bunch of videos including that. She promptly started busting my balls about riding. She feels doubly nervous since she bought me the bike. The first time I went out, she recorded (ha first I wrote videotaped) me and you can hear her saying "Don't fall off that thing, your mother will kill me!"

When I first got the bike I asked my Dad to bring me my helmet down from NY while I looked for a new one. Instead of bringing the 90's era Shoei that I wore on the street, he brought me a bunch of our old dirt bike helmets. Included was my awesome Yamaha/Scott setup. Just like Hurricane Hannah. It looked like the one below with a yellow Scott face shield, but the elastic on the goggles was gone. Still looks good on the shelf.

Name:  b413867dc19b3d0f61ccad5ce98d70e0--moto-motocross-motocross-helmets.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  22.7 KB
    Last edited by Fk5; 07-28-2017 at 08:14 AM.

I used a motoX helmet for a while because I liked how much visibility it gave me while still protecting my jaw.

I just switched over to this though:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I bought it a few months ago it was $127.
    Not bad for a SNELL 2015 helmet
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Bill Swallow likes his open face helmets.

Name:  IMG_0748.JPG
Views: 221
Size:  104.6 KB
    Integra99 likes this.

The only place my helmets have taken a hard hit during an off is on the chin guard of a full face. Close thread.

I do however like seeing a Harley rider in an open face helmet complete with Skeletor print bandit mask....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links