Arai Corsair V Thoughts
Close

Arai Corsair V Thoughts

This is a discussion on Arai Corsair V Thoughts within the Gear forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I have never owned an Arai helmet as they were always more than I wanted to spend in a lid. I have owned AGV and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Arai Corsair V Thoughts

Arai Corsair V Thoughts

I have never owned an Arai helmet as they were always more than I wanted to spend in a lid. I have owned AGV and HJC helmets. I have found a local deal on the Corsair V which is the Rx7 GP euro helmet. The helmet is in excellent condition owned by a responsible adult and took very good care of. I am in the market and have been looking at $200 and under lids but I can grab this helmet for a little less. The Arai mentioned was $800+- new and I would like to try one. All I have ever heard about Arai is they are very good helmets but pricey. What are your thoughts on the Arai vs $200 range new helmets?

I dont care how responsible someone is with a lid i would never buy and use a second hand unit.
    Bit like sex toys really once used by others i tend to steer well clear.

Spend the money to protect the one and only brain you have in that fairly fragile skull of yours.... .

I bet you spent thousands on your bike, why the fuck cheap out on the single most important bit of kit?
    Last edited by miniman; 04-04-2018 at 07:39 AM.
    WERA689 likes this.

jcw

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Right on. I will look at the AVG K3 SV lids again then. Love the Rossi graphics anyway.

Arai is a good helmet, and the Corsair is an excellent model, but buying used can be dodgy not just for head funk but also just being dropped. The only thing I can say is make sure you look at the certification and see it has the most recent one and take the lining out and look at the Styrofoam for breaks or dents.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    Arai is a good helmet, and the Corsair is an excellent model, but buying used can be dodgy not just for head funk but also just being dropped. The only thing I can say is make sure you look at the certification and see it has the most recent one and take the lining
    out and look at the Styrofoam for breaks or dents.
    Right on geeto i may still go look at it. I can just buy new interior lining and cheek pads no biggy there. I also found a NOS one for $475. I

you can wash interior linings too, I'm talking about the the impact sub structure and the sweat and funk that gets into the cracks and crevices. Usually some disinfectant spray takes care of it. I find it funny people will complaint about used helmets but will still wear rented bowling shoes to go bowling, which is way more unhygienic.

Honestly, if it was a well cared for Arai, less than 2 years old, and like $150 I'd buy it. I can't justify the price of a new one even at $400 - so $800 is crazytown.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Without sounding like a dick 400 to 500 bucks isnt a massive amount of money which would get you a shoei

http://www.helmetshop.com/SHOEI-RF-1200-Metallics

As far as lids go its top in quality and like i said if your willing to spend thousands on the bike a few hundred more shouldn't be a big stretch.

Out of interest what bike and type of riding do you do?

Arai is a great choice if its the right shape for your head. I never regretted purchasing mine new. I clean mine as needed as most all cloth and padding are removable. A regularly used helmet in my experience at 2 to 3 years is about ready for replacement as fit loosens and movable parts start to get sloppy. One thing with Arai is you can order replacement vents which is helpful when they no longer index or just break apart from use.

jcw
    https://www.ridersdiscount.com/arai-...442#i_id162812

Might need to call regarding sizes left.
    Last edited by jcw; 04-04-2018 at 01:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links