Lace Up Motorcycle Boots? - Page 2
Close

Lace Up Motorcycle Boots?

This is a discussion on Lace Up Motorcycle Boots? within the Gear forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; 2 big problems with lace ups. 1/ As Teaser mentioned the lace loops getting caught on foot pegs or control levers. Lost count of the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Lace Up Motorcycle Boots?

2 big problems with lace ups.

1/ As Teaser mentioned the lace loops getting caught on foot pegs or control levers. Lost count of the times many years ago when I tried to put a foot down only find I couldn't as a lace was caught up.

2. Lace hole eyes. Usually made of brass or alloy, or worse still hooks. If you are unlucky enough to crash, the slide usually results in road rash and "IF" you are very unlucky the abrasive slide will grind those lace eyes or hooks into flat little razor blades which will make quite a mess of your foot. I almost lost the side of my left foot in this way. I crashed at about 60mph, the brass lace eyes sliced up the boot leather, then my foot ending up deep under my skin = Into theatre, open the foot up on one side and dig them out, a load of nerve damage and 22 stiches. Plus 8 weeks off work. Other than bruising this was my only injury.

Wear proper boots, zip up or Velcro. Avoid metal zips too as these get hot in a slide and will burn your skin, got that T-shirt too.
    Last edited by jalsteve; 05-29-2018 at 01:43 AM.
    Lite the blue touch paper and stand well back!

Aerostich Combat Touring Boots - Footwear - Clothing :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

aerostich will last you two lifetimes and get better with age if you take care of them

next would be Bates Goretex side zip tactical boots and it's hard to go wrong with Carolina lineman's boots that take a couple years to get broken in

I kept a pair or "pleather" Redbone 20 buck Walmart specials hoping I could find somebody that would custom make a pair out of serious materials.

I wish I had bought 5 pairs before the supply of them vaporized since the only pair I bought didn't hold up well to an exhaust pipe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links