New Rider - Page 2
Close

New Rider

This is a discussion on New Rider within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; the srx rocks. the later models are monoshock....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Rider

the srx rocks. the later models are monoshock.

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

If I were just starting out riding (I actually started 43 years ago) and wanted a bike, I would buy a 3 year old Kawasaki Ninja 250. Cheap enough that if you decide you don't like riding not much lost, and it will do 100mph. It would be gas and go. There is nothing more frustrating than having an old bike that isn't ready when you are.

That's why I have several. All are in good order, but if I am working on one, and a friend wants to ride I just jump on another and go. If I had just one bike I would want it to be a newer one.

AS Cafe 350 said. Take the course. I never did- they didn't have anything like that back in "the day"- but two of my riding buddies are new motorcyclists and they took the course and learned a great deal. We are all going to take an advanced riders course next year.

Learn to ride, THEN go out and get an older bike to modifiy and cafe.

Oh, be forwarded. Old bikes are a DISEASE! You can't have just one,......or two. Good Luck. I will agree with cafe that a Honda 350 is a great bike! I have one for sale.......

Expect Tex to come around soon and tell you to fill out your bio! Or beat him to it.

If I were just starting out riding (I actually started 43 years ago) and wanted a bike, I would buy a 3 year old Kawasaki Ninja 250. Cheap enough that if you decide you don't like riding not much lost, and it will do 100mph. It would be gas and go. There is nothing more frustrating than having an old bike that isn't ready when you are.

That's why I have several. All are in good order, but if I am working on one, and a friend wants to ride I just jump on another and go. If I had just one bike I would want it to be a newer one.

AS Cafe 350 said. Take the course. I never did- they didn't have anything like that back in "the day"- but two of my riding buddies are new motorcyclists and they took the course and learned a great deal. We are all going to take an advanced riders course next year.

Learn to ride, THEN go out and get an older bike to modifiy and cafe.

Oh, be forwarded. Old bikes are a DISEASE! You can't have just one,......or two. Good Luck. I will agree with cafe that a Honda 350 is a great bike! I have one for sale.......

Expect Tex to come around soon and tell you to fill out your bio! Or beat him to it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Thank you guys for all of the reply's.

JackC, I had someone recommend the ninja 250 to me but I am not a fan of the "new school" sport bikes. I am also a 19 year old kid who goes to school full time and works part time so I can only afford to buy once. So I want to get a safe old bike that has cafe potential like Cafe250 recommended.

I am new at this and have no idea what I am talking about. So if you think that starting off on a old bike really is not a good idea then I will be sure to listen to that advice.

I'll also update my bio after I get back from class.

Thanks again

Thank you guys for all of the reply's.

JackC, I had someone recommend the ninja 250 to me but I am not a fan of the "new school" sport bikes. I am also a 19 year old kid who goes to school full time and works part time so I can only afford to buy once. So I want to get a safe old bike that has cafe potential like Cafe250 recommended.

I am new at this and have no idea what I am talking about. So if you think that starting off on a old bike really is not a good idea then I will be sure to listen to that advice.

I'll also update my bio after I get back from class.

Thanks again

all good advice here. buy the srx, but get a gs550 or ex250 or something modern and reliable. spend time in the seat. not in the garage.and msf is a great way to start.

all good advice here. buy the srx, but get a gs550 or ex250 or something modern and reliable. spend time in the seat. not in the garage.and msf is a great way to start.

quote:Originally posted by joe c

I am sorry but I don't understand that first part. Is the gs550 a completely different bike? Or is it a newer model of the srx? Same with the ex250?

Also, what does msf stand for?

quote:Originally posted by joe c

I am sorry but I don't understand that first part. Is the gs550 a completely different bike? Or is it a newer model of the srx? Same with the ex250?

Also, what does msf stand for?

Here are some pics of my favorite bikes. I would love to own one that looks anything like one of these.

The top one is my favorite out of all three. What type of bike would I have to buy if I wanted the end product to look like the top one?

I know that its far, far away but I would like to have a goal to aim for.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links