New Rider - Page 5
Close

New Rider

This is a discussion on New Rider within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; quote: Originally posted by joe c spend time in the seat. not in the garage. best advice all year, I bought a fixer upper as ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New Rider

quote:Originally posted by joe c

spend time in the seat. not in the garage.
    best advice all year, I bought a fixer upper as a first bike and I am crying all the way into the rainy season(laughingly known as winter in Houston)
    ......Til the morals and fear that divides us all are no longer the excuse for the system\'s rule

Hm. He's 19 , collects military surplus guns and lives in Southern Cali . Wonder if he has a long black trenchcoat to go with that. [8D]

I've owned an SRX and currently own a Thruxton . The SRX is a great bike . Kick only but dead reliable . Great handling bike . Funny you posted that SRX pic . The guy who used to own that particular bike coached me through fitting FZR wheels on mine ( located somewhere in WA state I believe). It was a fucking nightmare . Don't do ti unless you have total access to a machine shop .
    Thruxtons are great as well. I went more Thruxton cup look than classic like the one shown . Great bike too.
    Any recommendations to you by reading your posts is this . If you want to stay below 2k$ get a nice rearly 80s beater bike and learn to ride the shit out of it . Then later on get a Thruxie , Duc Sportclassic or whatever you want . Hell ,an SRX if you can find one . Get a nice GS500 and ride the balls off it . Get your fundamentals down .
    If they call a sheep a ram.
    And a donkey an ass.
    Why do they call a ram in the ass a goose?

quote:Originally posted by Wanker

Hm. He's 19 , collects military surplus guns and lives in Southern Cali . Wonder if he has a long black trenchcoat to go with that. [8D]

I've owned an SRX and currently own a Thruxton . The SRX is a great bike . Kick only but dead reliable . Great handling bike . Funny you posted that SRX pic . The guy who used to own that particular bike coached me through fitting FZR wheels on mine ( located somewhere in WA state I believe). It was a fucking nightmare . Don't do ti unless you have total access to a machine shop .
    Thruxtons are great as well. I went more Thruxton cup look than classic like the one shown . Great bike too.
    Any recommendations to you by reading your posts is this . If you want to stay below 2k$ get a nice rearly 80s beater bike and learn to ride the shit out of it . Then later on get a Thruxie , Duc Sportclassic or whatever you want . Hell ,an SRX if you can find one . Get a nice GS500 and ride the balls off it . Get your fundamentals down .
    I aint got no trench coat. I collect bolt action guns from WWI and WWII. You cant pull of too much of a suicidal rampage with what I have.

I've been thinking about doing that you recommend. I am going to try to find a GS500 or a old beater and learn the basics on that. I wouldn't feel so bad dumping a $1000 bike as I would a $2000 bike with a lot of potential.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links