couple of candidates
Close

couple of candidates

This is a discussion on couple of candidates within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; this is a 76 kt250 engine. the seller doesn't know what it is. but he took a picture of the engine number and i work ...

couple of candidates

this is a 76 kt250 engine. the seller doesn't know what it is. but he took a picture of the engine number and i work at a dealership. this is for the kz200 frame.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KAWAS...=p4506.c0.m245

this is for the ex250 frame, and is within driving distance. in fact my wife has gone to sherman just to buy jeans, that cost more than this engine would. the seller says it turns over, but had water in the crankcase mixed with the oil. too rough???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982-...=p4506.c0.m245

also a question. if you type kawasaki engine, you get a nice amount of jetski two stroke twins and triples. anyone know a relatively inexpensive gearcase that you can use with these to put on in a moto frame? sidecar? salt flat tank racer? harley gear cases??

the ski doo is a good question. i have a standup enthusiast buddy, maybe ill ask im.

if you are going to stuff an old two stroke into an ex250 frame, why go small and old? either go big and old or small and new. The two I am thinking of are h1 500 kawasaki triple motor and CR or kx 250 motor.

don't waste your money on a kz440 4 stroke lump - those mills bearly get out of their own way.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

the two stroke is for the kz200 frame, its a pretty small frame.

if there is no change in project direction than the kz frame is getting the dt motor. but i have somewhat of an aversion to mixing brands on builds, although its traditionally acceptable i suppose.

I am a stand up guy. I don't really mess with the old kawi motors any more but you would need to think about cooling. All skis are water cooled by the jet pump. I think it would be way more trouble than it's worth.
    cl360

Mostly what Geeto said except; Most MX bikes don't have lighting coils. I'm not clear if this is a streetbike or what. You won't be happy with the transmission ratios in a 250 MXer for the street. If you gear it for much top end it will be a mut in the lower gears.

Search around KTW. A while back there were a couple really nicely done 250 Ninja conversions, one with an RD motor, one with an H1.

Senior Member Pinche Chingadera's Avatar
    I'm actually thinking about picking up a late 80's KX250 lump for $75 which include the engine, pipe, carb and radiator. My Yamaha 340 Excel snowmobile engine was just too wide for my Bridgestone frame. It fit but after getting the chain lined up if I tossed a centrifugal clutch it would of been hanging out on the right side right far. I didn't pay anything for it so it's not a big loss. Just an engine for another project somewhere down the road. I say look for a CR500 engine and jam it in there. That KZ200 frame won't know what hit it. lol.
    Once your dead, life just ain\'t worth living.

Sponsored Links