1965 Honda Benly
Close

1965 Honda Benly

This is a discussion on 1965 Honda Benly within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I have a quick question about a 1965 honda benly 160, sorry if this is ignorant its why im asking I'm wondering if anyone knows ...

1965 Honda Benly

I have a quick question about a 1965 honda benly 160, sorry if this is ignorant its why im asking
    I'm wondering if anyone knows a honda benly cafe build, or if its possible. let me know! thanks!

I think it would be really cool! Not the easiest since it is a pressed steel frame, 16" wheels, etc. If you are near NY and the bike is in somewhat decent condition, I may trade you a CB160, which cafe's very well, for the benly, but only if the benly mufflers are good.

You can chop the rear fender, add a small front, redo the seat, lower bars (you will need a new throttle, the original bars and throttle work on a slit cut in the bar). My CA160 will do an indicated 80 mph at about a zillion rpm--probably really more like 75 in real life. I weigh 215. I love blowing off Harleys with it!!

There was a hot factory racer based on the CA95. Can't recall the exact name, I think it was a C92. I know the parts for it are listed in the CA95 (same as CA160 but 150cc) parts book I have. It has the link forks with a regular chrome fender, special seat and tank,rearsets, etc. They come up for sale now and then.

Before Texy gets you, fill out your bio.

Oh, FYI if your bike does not have a battery, it is 6 volt. The catalogs at the bike shops have it listed at 12 volt. They are wrong.

unfortunately i live in Denver, so not so close to NY, and i havent bought the benly yet but its FS for 1250 and it has 5800 original miles and is in immaculate condition, i want to ride it for a few months the way it is, but eventually cafe it. i just wish i knew it was a somewhat worth while build i don even know what the frame looks like. but i will go ahead and fill out my bio ha.

edit: found out what the frame looks like, although i love the looks of the bike now, i may reconsider purchase, wish i was closer to NY for your cb160! theres one fore sale close by but he was 3850. great condition but not worth it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

get it, build it. you wont be able to hollow out the bike bare bones obviously but you can still make it look bad ass.
    honk if youre horny.

^i havent been able to find any pics on a modified one, know of any?

search for cb92

Please don't chop up a real good original bike. There are plenty of ratty CA95's and CA 160's out there to cut up. The value of the bike will be much less once you chop it.

Now, if you are planning something along the line of the pics rosko posted, that is a different story. That is the model I was talking about, CB92. Big Bucks. I have only seen on in "real life".

I want $450 for the cb160. It looks like crap, all rusty, but I have $450 worth of rust free parts that go with it. Do a search for rat bikes here and a bike may come up. I did have it running, and it ran well, but now it won't start. I haven't tried very hard to get it going again.

I'm not going to chop it, or buy it for that matter, however what do you guys think about the yamaha r5 350, its a '72. good condition good looking bike, supposedly pretty quick and would make a good cafe eventually.

Sponsored Links