New guy from Indy..
Close

New guy from Indy..

This is a discussion on New guy from Indy.. within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; So I have been lurking around for a bit and must say I have found some usefull info here. I will keep this short and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New guy from Indy..

So I have been lurking around for a bit and must say I have found some usefull info here.
    I will keep this short and sweet..
    I paint motorcycles for a living,also do sales work for a custom shop that builds mostly jap chops but I will keep that outta here..
    Recently picked up a cj360 in hopes it would get the wife interested in riding,and it did.
    Luckly for me she doesn't do things half assed and want to put together a nice little bike for herself.
    Still in the planning stages,well and teaching her to ride it,which she is doing quite well at.
    Her plan includes a hand fabbed ALU tank and small tailsection,some sort of clip on styled bars,blacked out motor,bobbed frontfender,etc..
    The build is gonna be a complete tear down and rebuild except for the motor as it was recently redone by the PO.
    so enough about that heres her bike as it now sits..

Welcome abord Sure. from the same Durgam in Bobbertalk. great start for a build and it sounds like your wife knows what she wants. Never seen that before....odd.

You better fix your bio before the old guys freak out on you.
    cl360

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

onesojourner,
    I don't think I know what you mean..mind explaining what I may get freaked out on?
    Not here to make waves just to learn and show..

If you've been lurking for some time, you'd know that filling out your bio is the first thing to do before starting a post unless ya wanna get egged on. These guys like to know who they are talking with.

Ok I fixed that...

well, mostly its tex! but filling out your bio helps us know what you are capable of as far as skills a lot of times. it also lets others know where you are in case you need help, they need help, or they just want to come steal your beer.

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

I dig the CJ360, that was my first purely street bike back in high-school. Lots and LOTS of weight can be stripped off which will help performance a bit. The stock suspension is not too good but there's enough knowledge here to get it tuned up for you but in short, springs, fresh oil and cartridge emulators up front and any new decent quality shocks will help a ton. A fork brace is also a good idea. Dump that exhaust as soon as possible as it's heavy but worse that 'collector' is huge and WILL ground out in a corner. Had my first highside because of that....not fun. The stock carbs are in my opinion junk too. VM series Mikunis are far superior....

Great first bike though!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thought in clear form.
    ~Albert Einstein

Is the pink one yours? you gonna strip the fairings off that?

"This site is bullshit."

Yeah, the pink one is my daily rider..
    Swagger, the carbs have been changed,airbox eliminated,and wiring all cleaned up.
    Is it true that a cb750 dual disk frontend is a direct swap?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links