Engine musings........ - Page 3
Close

Engine musings........

This is a discussion on Engine musings........ within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Ken...that's pure gold! Thanks for the linkage......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ken...that's pure gold! Thanks for the linkage...
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thought in clear form.
    ~Albert Einstein

Ken...that's pure gold! Thanks for the linkage...
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thought in clear form.
    ~Albert Einstein

Why not sand cast or lost foam/wax cast a new case? Would be a neat skill to master...
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)
    The Others (mostly rolling wounded)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Why not sand cast or lost foam/wax cast a new case? Would be a neat skill to master...
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)

My collar may be a little frayed, and maybe I need a shoeshine. But nobody\'s got a mortgage on my soul. I own it. Free and clear. -Phil Lovecraft

Don't forget the Porcupine.

NE
    Subscribe to SIX HOT ISSUES!! of WarmPipe for only $29.99!!! Interweb NOW!!!!!

Don't forget the Porcupine.

NE
    Subscribe to SIX HOT ISSUES!! of WarmPipe for only $29.99!!! Interweb NOW!!!!!

Raven: I've done a little foundary work though there are several erally skilled custom foundary guys here in town that I could have do the work. I hand't considered it to be honest but I certainly am now...... I think I'd still want to build a runninf 'conversion' first though..

Curb: that's awesome!
    ~Albert Einstein

Raven: I've done a little foundary work though there are several erally skilled custom foundary guys here in town that I could have do the work. I hand't considered it to be honest but I certainly am now...... I think I'd still want to build a runninf 'conversion' first though..

Curb: that's awesome!
    ~Albert Einstein

I was just thinking about transmissions.... arent some of the new sportbikes using a cassette type transmission? like the zx6r. That might prove a very easy donor for a close ratio 6 speed box. I havent actually seen one of these taken apart, so the end plate might be unweildy. It looks that way from the part diagram...
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)

I was just thinking about transmissions.... arent some of the new sportbikes using a cassette type transmission? like the zx6r. That might prove a very easy donor for a close ratio 6 speed box. I havent actually seen one of these taken apart, so the end plate might be unweildy. It looks that way from the part diagram...
    Bike:
    Buell X1
    Honda S90 (box of parts)
    Honda CB750C (runs)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links