Norton Manx
Close

Norton Manx

This is a discussion on Norton Manx within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I was flicking through a british classic bike magazine and couldn't help notice that Norton have announced it's going to remake the Manx. Apparently it's ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Norton Manx

Norton Manx

I was flicking through a british classic bike magazine and couldn't help notice that Norton have announced it's going to remake the Manx. Apparently it's being called the 30m, as in its original name.

Same tooling, better materials AND they want to enter it in the TT. Allegedly.
    The price? A cool 30 000 pounds. or 49 000 USD.

That's like, your opinion, man.

Senior Member Pinche Chingadera's Avatar
    I wonder how long Norton will last. From what I read they won't have any dealerships at all and sell straight from the factory in the UK. Not to mention their newer bike that just has a twin 900 I think is going for 30k. I can still get a t shirt though. Cool bikes and I hope they do well but I won't be seeing one in my garage unless I win the lottery.
    Once your dead, life just ain\'t worth living.

Senior Member Pinche Chingadera's Avatar
    I wonder how long Norton will last. From what I read they won't have any dealerships at all and sell straight from the factory in the UK. Not to mention their newer bike that just has a twin 900 I think is going for 30k. I can still get a t shirt though. Cool bikes and I hope they do well but I won't be seeing one in my garage unless I win the lottery.
    Once your dead, life just ain\'t worth living.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Apparently they have alot of backing, but thats what they've said for the last 20 years every time they try to start up again. Not to mention the new commando's tooling and design was all done by the american consortium who owned them previously. We'll see I guess.

The one (besides the manx) thats got me interested is that new bike company mac in the uk.

The buell blast motor they're putting in it (which looks quite nice if do say so myself) has just been discontinued. So now they're most likely to put in a yamaha xt660 aircooled donk. Which is ugly. Hope they don't go belly up.

Apparently they have alot of backing, but thats what they've said for the last 20 years every time they try to start up again. Not to mention the new commando's tooling and design was all done by the american consortium who owned them previously. We'll see I guess.

The one (besides the manx) thats got me interested is that new bike company mac in the uk.

The buell blast motor they're putting in it (which looks quite nice if do say so myself) has just been discontinued. So now they're most likely to put in a yamaha xt660 aircooled donk. Which is ugly. Hope they don't go belly up.

the buell blast motor is a DOG! a fully built and hopped up motor will get you about 44hp. reliability is severly sacrificed at that point. Harley tried to take the Buell Blast dirt tracking for a year...I feel bad that Rich King had to ride that thing.
    --Tyler
    1976 RD400
    Best Flattrack Site On The Net! www.fightfordirttrack.com

the buell blast motor is a DOG! a fully built and hopped up motor will get you about 44hp. reliability is severly sacrificed at that point. Harley tried to take the Buell Blast dirt tracking for a year...I feel bad that Rich King had to ride that thing.
    --Tyler
    1976 RD400
    Best Flattrack Site On The Net! www.fightfordirttrack.com

Ah too bad. It's a nice looking motor. This yamaha lump put out around 50hp in standard form, but is ooooogly. I can't think of a water cooled engine that looks nice. It changes the look of the thing....wait...i'll find a photo...

Ah too bad. It's a nice looking motor. This yamaha lump put out around 50hp in standard form, but is ooooogly. I can't think of a water cooled engine that looks nice. It changes the look of the thing....wait...i'll find a photo...

Manx is a beauty, always will define what a racer should look like. To me at least. The others are confusing, by that I mean they look like the designer had a hangover and a deadline. Terrible renderings of bad design. Can you start a motorcycle company with photoshop these days?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links