Castor Oil - Page 2
Close

Castor Oil

This is a discussion on Castor Oil within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I never had a gumming problem in the Kriedler. Where there s a slight problem is in four strokes. Mainly in the valve area. If ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Castor Oil

I never had a gumming problem in the Kriedler. Where there s a slight problem is in four strokes. Mainly in the valve area. If all the oil doesn't drain and it sits for a while it will gum up. Right after I type this I'm going out to the garage to pull the head on the Norton. It has sat this year because I've devoted all my time to the sidecar (122.240 for a new class record at El Mirage. Gotta brag). I started to get it ready for Bonneville and found the valve gear is pretty gummed up. No big deal really. And it shouldn't be any problem in a two stroke. But for any high revving stroker I wouldn't use anything else.

Almost forgot. The SMELL!!!! Absolutely nothing beats the smell!!
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

corey, what brand do you sell. so far i have used blendzall cause it was a gift.

hoof, i did about 300 miles on the bultaco during the motogiro usa this past week end and i was told by other riders they could tell i was in the area because of the castor aroma.
    Johnnyracer

corey, what brand do you sell. so far i have used blendzall cause it was a gift.

hoof, i did about 300 miles on the bultaco during the motogiro usa this past week end and i was told by other riders they could tell i was in the area because of the castor aroma.
    Johnnyracer

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

champ the way i understand it is, the full syn is burned completely so maybe a bit more punch, the castor does not burn at least not completely,so it leaves behind a little residual lubrication, good for the motor, and that probably where the story of gummeness comes from, i like a blend the has some Castor esters in it and some modern additives as well,
    some swear by the castrol a747 for racing anyway,i like the power mist super2,
    i have used both full syn and Castor blended stuff, cant say i ever notice a real difference, but i do like the idea of residual lubrication
    that's all i know

champ the way i understand it is, the full syn is burned completely so maybe a bit more punch, the castor does not burn at least not completely,so it leaves behind a little residual lubrication, good for the motor, and that probably where the story of gummeness comes from, i like a blend the has some Castor esters in it and some modern additives as well,
    some swear by the castrol a747 for racing anyway,i like the power mist super2,
    i have used both full syn and Castor blended stuff, cant say i ever notice a real difference, but i do like the idea of residual lubrication
    that's all i know

I like the AMSOIL products, but on my old 2-strokes w/o reeds I'll run pretty much anything from Walmart in them. But if I want a nice clean burn with less smoke I try to buy something fully synthetic. BelRay makes some good 2-stroke oils as well.

As long as I know that the oil injector is operating correctly and dumping the correct volume of oil, I will watch the smoke. It tells you quite a bit about how things are burning, and I look for as little smoke as possible.
    Even the softest of things can pass through The Fang.mp3 like invisible water.
    Tired of eating CRAP!

I like the AMSOIL products, but on my old 2-strokes w/o reeds I'll run pretty much anything from Walmart in them. But if I want a nice clean burn with less smoke I try to buy something fully synthetic. BelRay makes some good 2-stroke oils as well.

As long as I know that the oil injector is operating correctly and dumping the correct volume of oil, I will watch the smoke. It tells you quite a bit about how things are burning, and I look for as little smoke as possible.
    Even the softest of things can pass through The Fang.mp3 like invisible water.
    Tired of eating CRAP!

mobil 1
    -parks
    I\'m not handsome

mobil 1
    -parks
    I\'m not handsome

Senior Member Pinche Chingadera's Avatar
    I'm thinking of trying something different in my GT550 as I run just Yamalube. I wouldn't mind trying out castor in the old Indy. She doesn't kick out alot of smoke but sure leaves a mess on the lower pipes and the rear rim just down right nasty after about a month of every riding from oil residue.
    Once your dead, life just ain\'t worth living.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links