Castor Oil - Page 4
Close

Castor Oil

This is a discussion on Castor Oil within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Once again this is a question of use. IF your bike is going to sit around and only get used once in a while I ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Castor Oil

Once again this is a question of use. IF your bike is going to sit around and only get used once in a while I would use a synthetic over castor oil. If you are going to use your bike several times a week I would use castor. THX mentioned castor is hydroscopic and that is really the main problem with having it sit around - it will pull moisture to it and rust will form eventually.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

quote:Originally posted by midge

champ the way i understand it is, the full syn is burned completely so maybe a bit more punch, the castor does not burn at least not completely,so it leaves behind a little residual lubrication, good for the motor, and that probably where the story of gummeness comes from, i like a blend the has some Castor esters in it and some modern additives as well,
    some swear by the castrol a747 for racing anyway,i like the power mist super2,
    i have used both full syn and Castor blended stuff, cant say i ever notice a real difference, but i do like the idea of residual lubrication
    that's all i know
    IPONE Learn it, use it, love it!
    Chuck #72

quote:Originally posted by midge

champ the way i understand it is, the full syn is burned completely so maybe a bit more punch, the castor does not burn at least not completely,so it leaves behind a little residual lubrication, good for the motor, and that probably where the story of gummeness comes from, i like a blend the has some Castor esters in it and some modern additives as well,
    some swear by the castrol a747 for racing anyway,i like the power mist super2,
    i have used both full syn and Castor blended stuff, cant say i ever notice a real difference, but i do like the idea of residual lubrication
    that's all i know
    IPONE Learn it, use it, love it!
    Chuck #72

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links