headlight buckets with gauge mount - Page 2
Close

headlight buckets with gauge mount

This is a discussion on headlight buckets with gauge mount within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Virtually any Ducati from '65 or earlier (and many other Italian bikes for that matter) used that type of headlight, in a few different sizes. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Virtually any Ducati from '65 or earlier (and many other Italian bikes for that matter) used that type of headlight, in a few different sizes. They show up on ebay of course but Cosmo has NOS versions that come with a speedo too. Google "vintage cosmo" for the website, he doesn't sell on ebay anymore.

They'll look something like this:

I don't have a good shot of it with all the trim on it... indicator lights, ignition switch, etc...
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

I am all over the vintage ones like flies on poop -- they are by far my favorites. I've used them on several projects over the decades....

They often sell new for $100- $150, but I bought my most recent one for $15, so the prices are all across the field.

Some thoughts are that the old Italian speedos will not work with the Japanese bikes. The cable is a different size and I am pretty sure they spin at a different ratio. Fortunately the popular, universal 62mm(?) 'mini' speedos and tachs fit perfectly. Also, the headlight is a fairly standard 5 3/4", and I have a modern reflector and bulb in the one that currently is on my RD350.

peace and grease,
    -fang
    Even the softest of things can pass through The Fang.mp3 like invisible water.
    Tired of eating CRAP!

I am all over the vintage ones like flies on poop -- they are by far my favorites. I've used them on several projects over the decades....

They often sell new for $100- $150, but I bought my most recent one for $15, so the prices are all across the field.

Some thoughts are that the old Italian speedos will not work with the Japanese bikes. The cable is a different size and I am pretty sure they spin at a different ratio. Fortunately the popular, universal 62mm(?) 'mini' speedos and tachs fit perfectly. Also, the headlight is a fairly standard 5 3/4", and I have a modern reflector and bulb in the one that currently is on my RD350.

peace and grease,
    -fang
    Even the softest of things can pass through The Fang.mp3 like invisible water.
    Tired of eating CRAP!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links