I finally bought a bike!
Close

I finally bought a bike!

This is a discussion on I finally bought a bike! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; i just picked up a 1971 cl350 thats in awesome condition. My plan is to ride it the way it is, all originial, untill may ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I finally bought a bike!

i just picked up a 1971 cl350 thats in awesome condition. My plan is to ride it the way it is, all originial, untill may and then go cafe. I'm still in highschool and i have a senior project in may. i get 3 weeks off of school to do it so i'm hoping to go full cafe during that time. do you guys think its possible?

also the front wheel spins freely when moving backwords, but forwards gets hung up. I have messed with all of the brake adjustments to no avail and im just curious if anyone knows what this could be before i disassemble the wheel?

but anyways, here's the bike all tucked in with my roadster!

cool, ive seen a few CL350s over here in britain (imported) and thought they look pretty good with the high rise pipe.
    'old hooligan...

Nice bike.

Let's talk about the Miata in the background. What do they call that style of Wheel yours has? My '91 BRG LE model has them, but I know that they are off a newer model. They must be desirable, since the car came with them AND a special locking luge nut on each wheel.

Thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

do research over the winter, decide what you like and don't like about the bike, see what other people have done to improve performance and handling, the slowly start buying hoarding parts in preparation for the build (so you don't lose half the time waiting for stuff to come in the mail).
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

they are not stock wheels, if your brg has them whoever owned it before you put on aftermarket wheels if they look exactly like mine. some models did come with enkei semi hollow wheels that i suppost look somewhat similar, unless you are confusing them with the stock daisy's.
    i may not know much about bikes yet, but i know a good amount about miata's.

check out clubroadster.net by far the best forum for miata enthusiests.

oh and my wheels are rota circuit 8's.

bcr
    nice bike and a nice miata too. I applaud your choice in a first bike. lots of guys your age I know want a 'busa or an r6 because they believe all the mtv jams bulls#!t. can your project be done? sure it can. but my .02 is for planning a cool trip and going. spend your money on the best helmet and jacket you can get. tool roll and tank bag would be next. go rack up some miles and smiles. the projects will be there when you get around to them. If you gotta have a class project spoon some dual perp tires on her and ride pikes peak. obviously we'll need photos along the way. good luck and welcome to the board. cheers, bcr

how do you get garage space for your car and bike while still in high school?

are you like 38 years old?

tex
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

+1 Tex! -

I gotta shoe horn my bikes in my garage, if its below 60 and my wife cant park in there....shit + fan. Wuss.
    \"I came to kick ass and chew bubble gum...and Im all outta gum.\"

73 CL350

And Phil, I agree w/ bcr - put some new rubber on, and start counting the miles. There are soooo many great roads in your neighborhood. Thats a great looking CL.
    \"I came to kick ass and chew bubble gum...and Im all outta gum.\"

73 CL350

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links