New to old bikes
Close

New to old bikes

This is a discussion on New to old bikes within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hi my name is Tom. I am from Sylvania(suburb of Toledo). Over the summer I got the itch to buy and old bike and rebuild ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New to old bikes

Hi my name is Tom. I am from Sylvania(suburb of Toledo). Over the summer I got the itch to buy and old bike and rebuild it into something of a cafe style bike. Well I foud a 1974 CB360 in reasonable shape. It ran rough looked ok. Before I tore it down I took the carbs apart and dipped them and replaced some 35 year old Orings then found the one of the plug wires were bad. After I put it back together it ran really well. So now I have completly disassembled the bike and am about to send the frame and other parts out to be blasted and powdercoated. I am still on the fence if I want to build a cafe bike or a cafe-esk cruiser. The more I look at the cafe bikes the more I think I want to build a full on cafe bike. I found you guys while looking through Ohio Cafe racers site. I am looking foward to picking your brains for my project. My other two wheeled misstress is a 06 CBR1000RR.
    Here are some picks.
    http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/v...360%20project/
    http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/v...rn/My%20Bikes/

Fun bike. Lose the fugly mufflers, tho. If they're in good shape, you can make a mint with 'em on eBay. Here's mine:

I used to do a lot of driving around Sylvania, quite a few years ago... delivering heating & cooling to all those fancy new subdivisions That were under construction toward Brint & Centennial area. The Quarry subdivisions, etc.

Welcome.
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

Thanks for the welcome. I live very near there about a mile east Brint and King But my subdivision was built mid 1970's to 80's just average homes. Your right though there are some pretty fancy houses out this way. Nice bike by the way. Did you restore it to its current condition?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for the welcome. I live very near there about a mile east Brint and King But my subdivision was built mid 1970's to 80's just average homes. Your right though there are some pretty fancy houses out this way. Nice bike by the way. Did you restore it to its current condition?

Hey, I grew up in Toledo! Over by Franklin Park Mall to be exact.

Another thread is running right now concerning usernames. Mine I got when I worked at The Supershops out in Sylvania (before that company imploded from bad management by an owner with a wicked coke habit). KRAP Fever was the name of the demolition derby team from King Road Auto Parts. A sweet, old junkyard that honest to god had goats and chickens roaming around. Bunch of crazy Toledo rednecks. Remember when the Sherriff's office launched an investigation into allegations of a Satanic cult being run on their property? They even had backhoes out there digging around for human and animal remains...

Man we used to spend our whole summers riding our bikes out to Centennial quarry and Wildwood Park.

Anyway, sorry for the hijack.

Nice little Honda, but it needs to go on a cafe diet.

Eric

Hey, I grew up in Toledo! Over by Franklin Park Mall to be exact.

Another thread is running right now concerning usernames. Mine I got when I worked at The Supershops out in Sylvania (before that company imploded from bad management by an owner with a wicked coke habit). KRAP Fever was the name of the demolition derby team from King Road Auto Parts. A sweet, old junkyard that honest to god had goats and chickens roaming around. Bunch of crazy Toledo rednecks. Remember when the Sherriff's office launched an investigation into allegations of a Satanic cult being run on their property? They even had backhoes out there digging around for human and animal remains...

Man we used to spend our whole summers riding our bikes out to Centennial quarry and Wildwood Park.

Anyway, sorry for the hijack.

Nice little Honda, but it needs to go on a cafe diet.

Eric

Cafe cruiser?! Rear-sets and ape-hangers?
    LOOK OUT IT\'S COMING THIS WAY!

LOOK OUT IT\'S COMING THIS WAY!

quote:Originally posted by UncleErnie

Exactly.lol No I was thinking of kind of a hybrid. Not quit as agressive riding position maybe a removable seat cowl so two up riding would still be a possibility. My original insperation was a GT1000.

quote:Originally posted by UncleErnie

Exactly.lol No I was thinking of kind of a hybrid. Not quit as agressive riding position maybe a removable seat cowl so two up riding would still be a possibility. My original insperation was a GT1000.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links