The Ghost Squadron: remembering long-lost bikes
Close

This is a discussion on The Ghost Squadron: remembering long-lost bikes within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I thought it would be interesting to collect photos and remembrances of special bikes that were eventually wrecked, dismantled, abandoned, stolen, sold off or simply ...

I thought it would be interesting to collect photos and remembrances of special bikes that were eventually wrecked, dismantled, abandoned, stolen, sold off or simply rotted away.
    <center>

</center>
    Here's mine: a '75 Bultaco 250 Pursang-based roadracer, fitted with a Suzuki GT250 front end. I raced this at Brainard Int'l Raceway during the summer of 1986, until somebody rear-ended my trailer on I-35W in Minneapolis. The frame was twisted, the NOS Malcom Smith alloy tank was caved in, and the forks tweaked. I was heartbroken. I pulled the tires off it and sold the carcass as scrap to SportWheels in Jordan, MN. For all I know, what's left of it is still out in their yard somewhere. The one part I kept was the Richter silencer. I still have it on a shelf in my garage.

I know the image is crappy, but this is the only picture that exists of it. I snapped it on a whim with a crappy Kodak Disc camera (remember those?-gak!) during a late-night garage session shortly before my first race.

The sad part is that my dad had taken a bunch of pictures of it with a nice 35mm camera the day before accident ...only to discover a short time afterwards that he'd neglected to put film in the camera!

I keep promising myself that someday I'm going to replicate this bike design, but as a 360 street roadster.

Tanshanomi,

Fill out your bio!

I need to look for a picture I have somewhere of me riding my original CB350 at Road America in about 1981. It was about worn out when I left it at my late brother's rented place in 1986. I have no idea what happened to it and my old CB400f when he passed.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Tanshanomi,

Fill out your bio!

I need to look for a picture I have somewhere of me riding my original CB350 at Road America in about 1981. It was about worn out when I left it at my late brother's rented place in 1986. I have no idea what happened to it and my old CB400f when he passed.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Okay, done. There's some boring stuff in my profile now.

Okay, done. There's some boring stuff in my profile now.

i guess this is the one particular bike i regret letting go, i built it from a scrapper 1979 Suzuki GS850 shaft drive.. i rode it every day, rain, snow or sunshine for 8 years, i swapped it for a kawasaki 900 eliminator in 1990, which was absolutely pants
    'old hooligan...

i guess this is the one particular bike i regret letting go, i built it from a scrapper 1979 Suzuki GS850 shaft drive.. i rode it every day, rain, snow or sunshine for 8 years, i swapped it for a kawasaki 900 eliminator in 1990, which was absolutely pants
    'old hooligan...

tansh,

i love your website and the Bul Story. Thanks for updating your "boring" info.

tex
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

tansh,

i love your website and the Bul Story. Thanks for updating your "boring" info.

tex
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

Sponsored Links