Riding in fog SUCKS
Close

Riding in fog SUCKS

This is a discussion on Riding in fog SUCKS within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Decided to commute in to work today on the Guzzi - gorgeous day at my house, but by the time I was on the Oakland/San ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Riding in fog SUCKS

Decided to commute in to work today on the Guzzi - gorgeous day at my house, but by the time I was on the Oakland/San Francisco bay bridge (5 mins away) - the fog was so thick I couldn't have seen Scarlet Johannsen buck naked two feet in front of me.

Fuckin people in their cars didn't have their lights on, still flying around switching lanes, braking super late...was nearly the death of me a few times! Finally downshifted two gears and wound up the motor to about 6k, loud as all hell so people could see me.

Booooo fog. Ruined my morning ride!

/Rant.

Cheers,
    AK
    1958 Vespa VBA
    1963 BMW R69S
    1965 Ducati 250 special
    1965 Alfa Romeo Veloce Spider
    2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Lemans

I think that the last time I crashed was in the fog.... A turn about/circle drive snuck up on me, and I didn't realize how slick the wet asphalt was. I saw it too late and lost traction as I tried to pull around the turn.

I'm glad you're OK. Riding in the fog SUCKS!

peace and grease,
    -fang
    Even the softest of things can pass through The Fang.mp3 like invisible water.
    Tired of eating CRAP!

I think that the last time I crashed was in the fog.... A turn about/circle drive snuck up on me, and I didn't realize how slick the wet asphalt was. I saw it too late and lost traction as I tried to pull around the turn.

I'm glad you're OK. Riding in the fog SUCKS!

peace and grease,
    -fang
    Even the softest of things can pass through The Fang.mp3 like invisible water.
    Tired of eating CRAP!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

If you think riding in the fog sucks - you should try riding in snow on two wheels
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

If you think riding in the fog sucks - you should try riding in snow on two wheels
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

Firstly, you're driving into one of the most beautiful cities in the world on your commute, on a Guzzi to boot! So shut up. You could be commuting into Detroit in the fog.

On a somewhat (but completely un)related note, Girl drinks this wine here called Bay Bridge, mostly because it's $3/bottle, and it's not all bad. But the label has a very attractive silhouette of the suspension portion of that bridge on it. It strikes me funny because my father always considered that the ugliest route into the city, and people from outside the region wouldn't know anything about the Bay Bridge. "That other bridge" is an icon of art deco architecture, spanning a gorgeous location, and the utilitarian Bay bridge is the image being used to sell the wine.
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

Firstly, you're driving into one of the most beautiful cities in the world on your commute, on a Guzzi to boot! So shut up. You could be commuting into Detroit in the fog.

On a somewhat (but completely un)related note, Girl drinks this wine here called Bay Bridge, mostly because it's $3/bottle, and it's not all bad. But the label has a very attractive silhouette of the suspension portion of that bridge on it. It strikes me funny because my father always considered that the ugliest route into the city, and people from outside the region wouldn't know anything about the Bay Bridge. "That other bridge" is an icon of art deco architecture, spanning a gorgeous location, and the utilitarian Bay bridge is the image being used to sell the wine.
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

Funny, but a couple of weeksw ago in an effort to get in one of the last rides before the refrigerator door slams shut on us, I joined a buddy of mine on a Sunday AM ride he was leading. He rode on some of my Ducati rides awhile back and I hadn't seen him for sometime. He showed up on a 750 Monster and there were a whole bunch of young guys on crotch rockets. I had my 87' Guzzi LeMans. It was as you say, very foggy, so much so the roads were soaked and you had to wipe your shield constantly. I had that Guzzi sideways twice, once on braking and once accelerating away from a car in second around a corner. Both slides were lurid but while I'm talking to myself in my helmet beacause I'm on the edge of slapdown city, I also know what to do and thank God both times it worked, but it was scary.

Fog sucks is right.

Dgy

Funny, but a couple of weeksw ago in an effort to get in one of the last rides before the refrigerator door slams shut on us, I joined a buddy of mine on a Sunday AM ride he was leading. He rode on some of my Ducati rides awhile back and I hadn't seen him for sometime. He showed up on a 750 Monster and there were a whole bunch of young guys on crotch rockets. I had my 87' Guzzi LeMans. It was as you say, very foggy, so much so the roads were soaked and you had to wipe your shield constantly. I had that Guzzi sideways twice, once on braking and once accelerating away from a car in second around a corner. Both slides were lurid but while I'm talking to myself in my helmet beacause I'm on the edge of slapdown city, I also know what to do and thank God both times it worked, but it was scary.

Fog sucks is right.

Dgy

quote:Originally posted by Judeyramone

HA! Point taken.

Dude - that sounds awseome. I need to get a bottle of that and display in the bar. Never seen it in any of the liquor stores 'round these parts. Your pops was right about the GG bridge vs. the Bay bridge tho. The San Mateo, Dumbarton, and Vallejo bridge are all pretty plain as well.

Cheers,
    KA
    1958 Vespa VBA
    1963 BMW R69S
    1965 Ducati 250 special
    1965 Alfa Romeo Veloce Spider
    2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Lemans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links