Cafe Racer Forum banner

Cool ADVrider thread

5K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  borzwazie 
#1 ·
I found this today and thought it was cool that the kid did a long trip on a cb550. Sounds like a pretty fun trip.

Now I know, the guys got clubmans and doesn't wear enough gear, but he made it home and had a good ride. Have fun. Hondas kick ass.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=526296

#5 ·
a friend of mine posted her sketch book from a month long canada trip on a cb550 (2 up). She has the pics somewhere but I always thought this was kinda fun. Not all of the links work but most do.

http://www.samselthedamsel.com/NFintro.html

#7 ·
Great read - Warning once you start reading you will not want to stop - so make sure you have two hours to kill. This story hits very close to home as I also took a similar trip in my early twenties from San Diego to Caribou Maine on a 1969 CB750 that I brought back from Japan when I lived there. I still ride that same bike as my every day rider. I also owned a CB500 out in California and use to take many weekend trips with just a sleeping bag strapped to the bars. Many good memories just flooded back while reading this kid's trip story. Someday I'll have to put it all down on paper...

#8 ·
Gaddamnitalltohell! I had shit to do this morning!
Heh.....you're dead on Bmartin...can't stop, great read!

#11 ·
some serious close calls. glad he was alright after the slide in the sand. wish i would have known about this when he rolled thru philly. could of helped him out for sure with laundry service, tools, etc.....

thanks for posting.

tex

#19 ·
Oh man,
That's just awesome. I spent a coupe of hours, not doing mundane crap, to get some much needed inspiration. What the hell have I been doing with myself? This kid has done more than the likes of Robert Pirsig and conveyed it in the consise format of a blog. Cross continent and back with clubman bars?!?!
WOW!

#20 ·
Oh man,
That's just awesome. I spent a coupe of hours, not doing mundane crap, to get some much needed inspiration. What the hell have I been doing with myself? This kid has done more than the likes of Robert Pirsig and conveyed it in the consise format of a blog. Cross continent and back with clubman bars?!?!
WOW!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.