RD350 performance upgrades/projects - Page 2
Close

RD350 performance upgrades/projects

This is a discussion on RD350 performance upgrades/projects within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; You wont be able to open your spark gap to .060. Thats not what a transistorized trigger is for. You will have to continue running ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: RD350 performance upgrades/projects

You wont be able to open your spark gap to .060. Thats not what a transistorized trigger is for.

You will have to continue running your stock gap.

1974 Honda CB360

Thanks for the input. Lets see if I can reply to most of the questions.

1. Unga, I like points, and while I'm no expert, I think most ot eh electric ignitions available for RDs more or less suck. My points work great, so I am sticking with them.
    I am looking into a good modern carb upgrade, and I am already running a "y-boot" and filter. For a good carb, I think whatever they put on the Banshees will probably be a good upgrade for me.
    Regarding HID lights, all my HID lights illumimated almost instantly, with maybe only a 0.5 sec delay at most.

2. And Don't worry, I will be sure to dress the pistons before installation -- I have been building bikes for almost 20 years now.

3. PJ, I am planning on only inspecting the pistons, and not doing any significant changes to them.

4.I'll look into the OEM HID lights instead of a conversion kit.

5. Yes, I actually should be able to open my spark plugs up to 0.060" -- the transistorized ignition will be working in conjunction with big powerful car coils. 0.060" probably will still be conservative -- I am shooting for a spark that can jump a 12 - 15mm gap.

peace and grease,
    -fang
    Even the softest of things can pass through The Fang.mp3 like invisible water.
    Tired of eating CRAP!

1. Unga, I like points, and while I'm no expert, I think most ot eh electric ignitions available for RDs more or less suck. My points work great, so I am sticking with them.
    I am looking into a good modern carb upgrade, and I am already running a "y-boot" and filter. For a good carb, I think whatever they put on the Banshees will probably be a good upgrade for me.
    Regarding HID lights, all my HID lights illumimated almost instantly, with maybe only a 0.5 sec delay at most.

2. And Don't worry, I will be sure to dress the pistons before installation -- I have been building bikes for almost 20 years now.

3. PJ, I am planning on only inspecting the pistons, and not doing any significant changes to them.

4.I'll look into the OEM HID lights instead of a conversion kit.

5. Yes, I actually should be able to open my spark plugs up to 0.060" -- the transistorized ignition will be working in conjunction with big powerful car coils. 0.060" probably will still be conservative -- I am shooting for a spark that can jump a 12 - 15mm gap.

peace and grease,
    -fang
    Tired of eating CRAP!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Post up how the ignition works out. Sounds interesting.

Anyways, even the Newtronics systems I dealt with were very straightforward and easy to set up. And once you set them up, you don't need to touch them. Once I get ignition systems working well, I don't like to screw with them. I don't mind jetting, but ignitions... bleh.

30mm flat slides would work well on a ported RD350.

Post up how the ignition works out. Sounds interesting.

Anyways, even the Newtronics systems I dealt with were very straightforward and easy to set up. And once you set them up, you don't need to touch them. Once I get ignition systems working well, I don't like to screw with them. I don't mind jetting, but ignitions... bleh.

30mm flat slides would work well on a ported RD350.

hey steven, the kehein pwk's seem to be a solid carb upgrade. they are spendy if bought from a supplier for general purposes but they also use them on a few kawa off road bikes and i hear you can get them for half the price if you buy them from a kawa dealer.

look it up on 2 stroke world
    ...connoisseur of slack...

hey steven, the kehein pwk's seem to be a solid carb upgrade. they are spendy if bought from a supplier for general purposes but they also use them on a few kawa off road bikes and i hear you can get them for half the price if you buy them from a kawa dealer.

look it up on 2 stroke world
    ...connoisseur of slack...

I accidentally ordered pistons that are 1.00mm too small, and did not notice until after I has started cutting to modify them.... Had to order another set. Most of the other stuff has arrived.

More waiting. Updates to come after the holidays.

Eat turkey and be merry this Thanksgivingween.

Tired of eating CRAP!

Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    quote:Originally posted by Fang

peace and grease,
    -fang
    quote:Originally posted by Fang
    I accidentally ordered pistons that are 1.00mm too small, and did not notice until after I has started cutting to modify them....
    peace and grease,
    -fang
    no modification hey?

PJ
    I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

Senior Member Pinche Chingadera's Avatar
    He said significant changes, not modification. There totally different words. Duh..
    Once your dead, life just ain\'t worth living.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links