Any ideas...
Close

Any ideas...

This is a discussion on Any ideas... within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; ...what the coil under the seat is for? Also looks like an oil tank in the seat hump. http://www.derosaphotography.com/Oth...412427_3TZxp/1...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any ideas...

Any ideas...

...what the coil under the seat is for? Also looks like an oil tank in the seat hump.

http://www.derosaphotography.com/Oth...412427_3TZxp/1

FR
    I think the coil is the oil tank. The filler neck is on the right in front of the seat. The whole thing looks like a make work project.
    FR

http://sidewaysnortheast.blogspot.com/

SRR
    I get a feeling that if the photographer knew what he was looking at, it would all be a little clearer. Either way, yeah, there are better ways to spend the hours that must have gone into making that stuff, IMO.
    Flattrackin.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

leo
    Judging by the coil thing and the external seat plumping, I think it's an on-board still. Road going Gin mill?

Cheers

FR
    quote:Originally posted by SRR

I get a feeling that if the photographer knew what he was looking at, it would all be a little clearer.
    I was thinking the same thing, some of those pics are just stupid. Like it was the first time he'd seen a machine that had two wheels and carried a person on it.
    FR

http://sidewaysnortheast.blogspot.com/

That is the oil tank, there are details of the build on Jockey Journal site, can't remember the name of the thread though... Trident Build maybe? Is it a Trident? Not exactly my cup of tea I"m afraid.
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

bfd
    How would you get your left leg past all the exhaust malarky to put your foot on the peg?

I get a feeling that if the photographer knew what he was looking at, it would all be a little clearer. Either way, yeah, there are better ways to spend the hours that must have gone into making that stuff, IMO.

Funny you guys should mention... I never really understood why people like to sit around and nit pick at minor details on these forums such as these. Talking about having something better to waste time on. Yes, you are correct, that "coil thingy" is an oil tank that doubles as an oil cooler. It was built specifically in that manner so that the oil inside is exposed to a larger surface area to the air outside of the tank, thus acting as an oil cooler. It also serves the purpose of getting people off their arse and talking about it. When one is a bike builder in today's world (because everyone and their dog is now a bike builder) I suppose the real builders shoot for something outside the box and original. Props to these guys for doing that, huh? And it is a good thing that the photographer (that being myself) knew what he was looking at... otherwise I would not have been able to clear up the uncertainty going on here in this forum.

~peace

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links