The best Fame Paint EVER!
Close

This is a discussion on The best Fame Paint EVER! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; http://www.eastwood.com/underhood-en...-gray-set.html Just needed to say that Eastwood Spray Gray is the best frame paint I've ever used. I shot the unprimed, scotchbrited frame of the ...

http://www.eastwood.com/underhood-en...-gray-set.html

Just needed to say that Eastwood Spray Gray is the best frame paint I've ever used. I shot the unprimed, scotchbrited frame of the CS1 with this stuff over the weekend, last weekend. 3 coats. Its acrylic lacquer so you only wait about 6 or 7 minutes (in California) to shoot another coat. Get close, about 5 or 6 max inches away.

A couple days later I needed to grind some off to braze my seat and tank brackets . . . . HOLY SHITE. . . . This stuff cured to a powdercoat type of finish. I had a drum sander, flapper deal on my drill and let me say that it took a lot of gas to get this paint off the frame and prep for welding. I am impressed.

I might shoot a coat or two of SPRAYMAX 2K Clear Urethane over the frame if I have any left after the body work and tank job - just to really make her POP! This is good stuff.

i've used the eastwood chassis paint (black) for a couple frames now. it has a nice medium lustre finish but when i've gone to recoat (touch-ups etc.) the new paint makes the old paint go wrinkle
    didn't seem to matter whether the original surface was a week old or a year old....same result. guess i'll try their underhood-engine paint sometime.
    -parks
    I\'m not handsome

thanks for the review. i have always swore by PJ1.

cheers,

tex
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I have loads of Eastwood stuff laying around, generally been pretty pleased.
    Good to hear the gray works.....
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thought in clear form.
    ~Albert Einstein

Yep Eastwood. I've used the extreme chassis gloss black on the TA125, Bultaco and Motobi with excellent results-expensive. Some good stuff.
    I also use an industrial grade from work called Great Dane and have had excellent results as well-free. Were talking spray bombs here folks!!
    Johnnyracer

nathan,

too funny....i thought the same thing, but i was too lazy to look for an img file.

cheers,

tex
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

Sponsored Links