Cafe Racer Forum banner

Motorcycle shipping

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  champ 
#1 ·
Has any body used the uship website for shipping a motorcycle?

#3 ·
champy,

ping leo here and ask who he used last year to ship bikes from NJ to CA. He said it was easy peasy...they show up, take the bike, strap it down, and leave...no crates, no fuss, no muss.

cheers,

tex

#4 ·
Federal Allied. Was as painless as could be. Got an initial quote on line, followed it up with a person and it came in cheaper. Showed up when they said they would, and away they went. Seemed very reasonable too, although that was four bikes and a sidecar. Just got a quote for just one bike, not quite as nice, but probably competitive. On the whole I would highly recommend them.

Cheers

#6 ·
Thanks !! I found a shipper thru USHIP..Miami FL to Concord NH for $425.00 door to door. reasonable i thought and the process was seamless... I'll keep you posted on how it works out. Se comments below on shipper......
I offer door to door enclosed transportation with no hidden fees.Iam the only person that will handle your bike,NO SUB CONTRACTING HERE!! I also only transport vehicles not general freight or other "Junk"I have been doing this with bikes since 1971 as a former racer.All bikes are placed into front wheel chock and 6 soft tie straps secured to Etrac system.Roll it in and roll it out!!No assistance is required at either end.I transport in plain unmarked trailers for security reasons, no motorcycle decals at all

#8 ·
Double check on the insurance on the bike while in transit. Do you insure it or do they? There's a tread on the advrider site where a bike was stolen during shipment with one of these uship outfits. The bike owner ended up getting screwed.

Just being an unmarked trailer wouldn't seem to be enough insurance to me.

Craig

#14 ·
Got my shipment today......I would use the uship service again. Affordable-I saved a bunch of $$$,fast and the transporter was the best!!! Just perfect in every way.

Sorry tex, i thought about your nigerian transport company but i had visions of the the trailer being in the water!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.