My first BSA!
Close

My first BSA!

This is a discussion on My first BSA! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; My first BSA! This is probably the closest that I'll come to having a BSA and it won't leave oil wherever I park it. I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first BSA!

Senior Member Pinche Chingadera's Avatar

My first BSA!

My first BSA! This is probably the closest that I'll come to having a BSA and it won't leave oil wherever I park it. I picked her up from fella in Chicago on a bicycle forum I post on. It's just the frame and fork as I didn't want disassemble a good bike. I've been into bicycles forever. First BMX, then MTB's and cross country racing and now older stuff. Prewar non-Schwinn stuff as I just sold a nice '39 Roadmaster(CWC) 3 gill 26", and a '48 Firestone(Murray) Challenger 26". I've always wanted a BSA bike but their hard to find not to mention even parts on ebay. This will get turned into a retro track inspired single speed/fixie. Toss some 700c wheels, Brooks seat, bullhorn bars and clipless pedals. My son and I do alot of riding in the evening pulling him in his trailer.

Once your dead, life just ain\'t worth living.

NICE!

bcr
    very cool

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

that is all sorts of badass.

I'm trying to figure out the build date but I'm guessing early 70's late 60's. Even though Raleigh built the majority of bikes in the UK and just relabeled them it's still a BSA to me. lol. I was thinking of painting it but I'm thinking of leaving the original paint and just touching it up.

SRR
    Sweet. I built one of those at the shop I worked at over the summer, I think it was about a 60cm, way too big for me. Had to saw off the BB spindle to get the cranks off and the cups out, but it's a worthy frame. Sold the bike to a model named Mia, she looks good on it.
    Flattrackin.

I actually had a guy who responded to the seller right after me and told me if I ever want to sell it to let him know first. Like I said, it's really just a Raleigh with BSA on it but it's still cool to me. The fork threads are kinda messed up and Raleigh made alot of their own stuff so it's Raleigh or nothing...bottom bracket, headsets. Mostly just the threaded stuff. Not saying you can't use a different fork but you just have to use a different headset. I have a feeling already this frame is a tad big but I'll build it up and try it out. If it's too big I'll just sell it. Fixies and SS's are pretty trendy so I don't have any fear of losing any money on it. Maybe I'll have to hit Retrotony up and see if he can get me parts.

I have a Triumph, very similar. Mines complete though- great fun riding around the city. Quite fast. Everything is original from new including tubes and tires. I have never done any real work to it. Damn cool. It's on loan to a friend right now, I'll post a pic when I get it back...

I'm a '70s Raleigh guy, myself (International, Pro, Gran Sport). That looks earlier than '70s or even '60s to me - maybe '50s. I know where there is (or recently was) a complete BSA 3-speed in a barn (along with a lot of rusty Triumph motorcycles) if anyone is interested.
    Jack

leo
    Very cool. I wouldn't even touch it up. A nice cleaning, and enjoy the patina.

Cheers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links