Racing... actually gonna happen this time - Page 2
Close

Racing... actually gonna happen this time

This is a discussion on Racing... actually gonna happen this time within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; quote: Originally posted by kenessex Sid and Alex, I would recommend that you look at both AHRMA and WERA. Given your locations, you will find ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    quote:Originally posted by kenessex

Sid and Alex,
    I would recommend that you look at both AHRMA and WERA. Given your locations, you will find plenty of WERA races close to you, too. Either the RD or CB are good choices. I would advise you to make as few modifications as possible to stat with. I would send money on tires and suspension and entry fees, before I looked at any engine mods. Initially, the bike will be faster than you are.

I will probably be at the AHRMA Road America event and the Mid-Ohio AMA/WERA event. See you at the track.
    Ken
    Hi Ken,
    Thanks for the good advice. If I stick with the CB, what tires do you recommend? And as far as suspension goes what can I do to make them better? Install proper springs for my weight? Refresh fluids? If I were to have them professionally looked at, who do most people go to? I will look into WERA as well. Hope to see you at the track!
    Alex Orille
    72 Honda CB350
    Ahrma #8479

Alex,
    I like Avons but some like Dunlops better. As far as suspension goes I would replace the fork seals and oil and springs. Replace the rear shocks with something better, Ikon, Hagon, Progressive, Works, or Ohlins, depending on your budget. I would not recommend a professional for this job. Learn to do it yurself or you will never be able to afford racing. Judeyramone on here lives in your neighborhood and is supposedly building a CB350 racebike, too.

Ken
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Alex,
    I like Avons but some like Dunlops better. As far as suspension goes I would replace the fork seals and oil and springs. Replace the rear shocks with something better, Ikon, Hagon, Progressive, Works, or Ohlins, depending on your budget. I would not recommend a professional for this job. Learn to do it yurself or you will never be able to afford racing. Judeyramone on here lives in your neighborhood and is supposedly building a CB350 racebike, too.

Ken
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the racing scene. Welcome to the board - I hope you filled out your bio or texy will be around shortly to harangue you about it :-)

Highest Quality safety gear you can afford
    Good Brakes
    Good tires
    Good motor
    Good on track awareness
    Good luck and welcome!

Welcome to the racing scene. Welcome to the board - I hope you filled out your bio or texy will be around shortly to harangue you about it :-)

Highest Quality safety gear you can afford
    Good Brakes
    Good tires
    Good motor
    Good on track awareness
    Good luck and welcome!

Pour salt in my open wounds, Ken. I just got a bit of a job, so I'm moving forward, albeit slowly. Don't forget I am paying for college too... No trust fund baby, me. Patience; It'll happen. You of all people must surely understand why I'm going to college, to free up my summers to race.

Although unemployment works wonders for Pell grants.

Welcome aboard new guy (too lazy to scroll down to see your name). I'm in Brighton, catboy is too, sometimes, and Sic Semper Tyranus is in RO & working on his own race project.
    Post pics. I'm a photo junkie.
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

Pour salt in my open wounds, Ken. I just got a bit of a job, so I'm moving forward, albeit slowly. Don't forget I am paying for college too... No trust fund baby, me. Patience; It'll happen. You of all people must surely understand why I'm going to college, to free up my summers to race.

Although unemployment works wonders for Pell grants.

Welcome aboard new guy (too lazy to scroll down to see your name). I'm in Brighton, catboy is too, sometimes, and Sic Semper Tyranus is in RO & working on his own race project.
    Post pics. I'm a photo junkie.
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

so whiskey, at 5'7 and 140lbs i guess that makes you short and fat.....(duck).

tex (6'1" and 135lbs CB350 racer) mawby

see you fellahs at mid-o. it isn't an ahmra event anymore....well it never really was unless you give them credit for doing the timing and scoring (like wera did last year)....but it is the home of great racing, good people, a HUGE ASS swap meet, and beertopia 2010!
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

so whiskey, at 5'7 and 140lbs i guess that makes you short and fat.....(duck).

tex (6'1" and 135lbs CB350 racer) mawby

see you fellahs at mid-o. it isn't an ahmra event anymore....well it never really was unless you give them credit for doing the timing and scoring (like wera did last year)....but it is the home of great racing, good people, a HUGE ASS swap meet, and beertopia 2010!
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

Judey,
    Nice try, but you should have plenty of time to get the bike together since you don't have to go to work. You should have the race frame as a rolling chassis, by now. Just put some tires on it. The forks are completely rebuilt and the shocks are still good. The motor runs in the Gold bike, too.

Ken
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    Evan Esar

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links