ultrasonic cleaning before and afters. - Page 2
Close

ultrasonic cleaning before and afters.

This is a discussion on ultrasonic cleaning before and afters. within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; My before: And my after: Done with a toothbrush & can of spray carb cleaner... maybe an hour for the body? I'm a big fan ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My before:

And my after:

Done with a toothbrush & can of spray carb cleaner... maybe an hour for the body?

I'm a big fan of natural light. Take your pictures outdoors, in [u]in</u>direct sunlight & [u]no flash</u>. And perhaps you need to start with something a little dirtier? Based on your photos, I wouldn't spend the money for that result, compared to my $5 results, but I expect it's because of your shit photos and not because you're a completely incompetent douchebag poseur.

Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

i'll take natural light photos this evening. hopefully that will help.

quote:and not because you're a completely incompetent douchebag poseur.
    Surely not...

\"I came to kick ass and chew bubble gum...and Im all outta gum.\"

73 CL350

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

chemicals being used make a difference also. If I ran carb dip in an ultrasonic cleaner I am sure it would come out way different than soap and water.

can you run carb dip in an ultrasonic cleaner?
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

My before:

My after:

Quote from Vanna White

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...VannaWhite.jpg

Fishhead Big Brakes
    http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n130/dgfischer/Fishhead%20Big%20BRakes/?albumview=slideshow

only change here is natural light.

Boy, don't I have all the right answers?

Looks better to me, anyway. I do think you needed to start with something ickier, though. I mean, is that really the dirtiest carb you had hanging around?
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

the carb wasn't laying around this is gamblers carb. i cleaned it for him for bartered services.

sorry tom, if i weren't taking pics i could be boxing and sending back.
    not really) i've got a couple of o-rings to source and replace that will be tomorrow. and then i'll send you everything back before the weekend.

Well, that looks to me like it was the most in need of a cleaning of all shown in this thread.

If spray can and tooth brush will make one sparkly clean and sanitary ... it wasnt dirty to begin with

Really gummed up and hurt has all the jets and emulsion tubes plugged solid and that vicious white chalk showing itself even on the carb's exterior.

Looks pretty good best I can tell.

Geet, ultrasonics usually have their bowls made of 316, or better, stainless. They will hold up to most chemicals.
    Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

I bought the complete bike that carburetor came from, barely running, for $85. So, given the detergent properties of the gasoline passing through that carb, I suppose it's not the very dirtiest it could possibly have been, but it was plenty nasty (sorry I don't have disassembled pics). Jets & tubes were pretty clogged up & all the little parts sat in cleaner for a day or two, were violated with guitar string, and blown out with air compressor. Some bits were replaced. Fact is, the pair of them was dirty enough (and I incompetent enough in my first rebuild) that they required further attention later on. However, the bike they went on now runs fine, and I posted a video of it here.

The (tongue-in-cheek) point is: Corey's before pic doesn't [u]look</u> dirty enough to make his after pic seem all that impressive. If he were nearby, and I didn't have to pay shipping, I'd probably throw him some business, just because I like his attitude and my time is worth more than the $50 I'd have to pony up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links