Gurl's new bike!!! - Page 3
Close

Gurl's new bike!!!

This is a discussion on Gurl's new bike!!! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I thought bio-pace/elliptic chain rings were originally designed for triathlon riders as many/most didn't use clip in pedals/shoes and even many who did clip in ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    I thought bio-pace/elliptic chain rings were originally designed for triathlon riders as many/most didn't use clip in pedals/shoes and even many who did clip in didn't have good pedal technique. (didn't 'pull' through tdc/bdc and 'upstroke)
    Should be set so max available torque is on 'down stroke' (1 to 5 o'clock position, biggest part of 'oval' at 3 o'clock)
    I've tried them, they feel pretty weird after normal chain rings but didn't notice as much difference with BMX style pedals.
    If your going to use flat pedals they may be an advantage.
    Parks, the sticker says Bio-Pace, thought everyone saw it?

PJ
    I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    I thought bio-pace/elliptic chain rings were originally designed for triathlon riders as many/most didn't use clip in pedals/shoes and even many who did clip in didn't have good pedal technique. (didn't 'pull' through tdc/bdc and 'upstroke)
    Should be set so max available torque is on 'down stroke' (1 to 5 o'clock position, biggest part of 'oval' at 3 o'clock)
    I've tried them, they feel pretty weird after normal chain rings but didn't notice as much difference with BMX style pedals.
    If your going to use flat pedals they may be an advantage.
    Parks, the sticker says Bio-Pace, thought everyone saw it?

PJ
    I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

SRR
    Had a running joke at the bike shop about how if one of our rookie mechanics fucks up, we're gonna put a biopace chainring on his singlespeed one day just to mess with him. Sometime last summer, customer comes in with a conversion fixie, and he's running a biopace chainring, wondering why he can't get the chain tension right.
    Flattrackin.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

SRR
    Had a running joke at the bike shop about how if one of our rookie mechanics fucks up, we're gonna put a biopace chainring on his singlespeed one day just to mess with him. Sometime last summer, customer comes in with a conversion fixie, and he's running a biopace chainring, wondering why he can't get the chain tension right.
    Flattrackin.

To Retro Tony
    Believe it or not, Hercules ( and Raleigh) was bought by AMF (American Machine -or Manufacturing- and Foundary) in the USA sometime - along with Harley Davison and Indian - and sold them over here in the USA. Picked one up for a dollar at a yard sale last year - nostalgia. Used to ride a Hercules to school in the 1960's in the UK. Frame is good, rest is not so good. Took it into the local bike shop where they had a Raleigh with a Cartlon sticker on the frame, Weiman centerpulls and Campognolo gears, crank, pedals, quick release hubs etc. Lovely vintage bike.
    The Brits sold lots into the USA late 60's and early 70's besides Commandos and Bonnevilles.
    Lastman

To Retro Tony
    Believe it or not, Hercules ( and Raleigh) was bought by AMF (American Machine -or Manufacturing- and Foundary) in the USA sometime - along with Harley Davison and Indian - and sold them over here in the USA. Picked one up for a dollar at a yard sale last year - nostalgia. Used to ride a Hercules to school in the 1960's in the UK. Frame is good, rest is not so good. Took it into the local bike shop where they had a Raleigh with a Cartlon sticker on the frame, Weiman centerpulls and Campognolo gears, crank, pedals, quick release hubs etc. Lovely vintage bike.
    The Brits sold lots into the USA late 60's and early 70's besides Commandos and Bonnevilles.
    Lastman

quote:Sometime last summer, customer comes in with a conversion fixie, and he's running a biopace chainring, wondering why he can't get the chain tension right.
    ssr-man,
    i just laughed my ass off. thanks.
    -parks
    I\'m not handsome

quote:Sometime last summer, customer comes in with a conversion fixie, and he's running a biopace chainring, wondering why he can't get the chain tension right.
    ssr-man,
    i just laughed my ass off. thanks.
    -parks
    I\'m not handsome

Triathalon was this morning. I had to roust 4 surly kids from their beds at 6:00am to get us there on time - Gurl split at 5:00! We did nothing to the bike but install new tires (thanks Matt). I offered to replace the seat with that from her Cannondale, but she refused. Gurl finished 10th out of 38 participants in her age group (50th out of 221 participants overall). I've been prohibited from disclosing her swim finish, but she finished 8th in the run, and most importantly, 4th in her age group (16th out of 221 overall) for the bicycle leg! Well done, I'd say, for her first try/tri.

Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

watch out rob!!!! bbg'd again!!!

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links