VW's anyone? - Page 2
Close

VW's anyone?

This is a discussion on VW's anyone? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; so let me get this straight...a good meatball & sausage will not work?? such a shame, i love them. i am going with the powder ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VW's anyone?

so let me get this straight...a good meatball & sausage will not work?? such a shame, i love them. i am going with the powder coating. just got in touch with lynd motorsports and in a couple of weeks i'm going to talk with them about the engine/trany priceing. as for the jetta, i hate cars. my bug needs a picture taken, will get done soon. so any good powder coating places in my area??

well, the thing to remember is that a racebike is completely different and put into different situations than a street bike. i.e. "oh shit, my frames cracked from that crash" then if you want it to look nice again, a simple spray job in the shop isnt going to work. plus it adds time to fixing before the next pregrd call, all that eating you know. so i think thats probably why for a racer, its not the best.
    for a street bike, id say its more than desirable. it should last for years and look great.

sorry, cant help ya out with a shop to do it up there. if i hear from my friends who live up there anytime in the next year, i'll get a name if i can.

jc

well so much for a late autumn run. woke up this morning to the first snow, the first for me in two years...why am i back in VT?? oh yeah i love it here. thank god my bikes are covered. i need a garage AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!
    ---c

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links