1972 vw transporter seasoned hands
Close

This is a discussion on 1972 vw transporter seasoned hands within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; One here, a camper spared of all but minor rust by having been kept inside all of it's 39000 actual miles..... The lower rail of ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

One here, a camper spared of all but minor rust by having been kept inside all of it's 39000 actual miles.....

The lower rail of this camper's sliding door needs help.... is that metal available?

I didn't actually believe the 39k until I got into it. Original rear braje shoes and pads, rotors and drums never machined, zero wear inside the cvj's, spotless tight engine that uses no oil....

I'm digging it and will likely have a few other questions if my local old codger is tied up and this hanes manual falls short.
    Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

Contact these guys. They might have what you're looking for, or they can make it.

http://www.alfaparts.net/index.html

FR
    Sounds pretty sweet Hack. Pics to follow?
    FR

http://sidewaysnortheast.blogspot.com/

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Sure.... I've snapped a few and will take more today....

I want it to do the tweety bird exhaust thing..... not sure what that will take but the straight thru cherry bomb won't make it happen

if the original resonator with what appears to be the rest of the orignal exhaust will..... so be it as long as its rea$onable

if not.... maybe I'll be hunting a semi hashed decible that's not completely burnt out

anyone have such a beast?

I'm digging the weber two barrel but like the idea of two weber or dellorto twin throats

Bore and venturi sizes that are appropriate? I don't know yet if its been ported or cammed.... possible and maybe lijely. I'll know on the cams in about an hour.
    Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

Somewhere in the Wolfsburg West catalog there should be the part you need: http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/wolfsbu..._1968_1979.cfm

A pair of Solex Kadrons will do the job nicely. Easy installation and tuneable: http://www.vwparts.net/MB43-4400.html

I captained a '67 Kombi for 15 yrs. Couple trips across the country, all over the NW. Never got stuck....well but for once, ahem.
    I miss my Bus...

NE
    Subscribe to SIX HOT ISSUES!! of WarmPipe for only $29.99!!! Interweb NOW!!!!!

This one came with the twin solex carbs

Now with long twin runners on each side with a honkin twin throat weber in the middle on a plenum

I was thinking two twin throats on each side.

Maybe if I like it enough I'll put two pairs of cross rammed cb450 cv's on it or something equally funky

If I had three more Reece Fishies here... I'd be on that today.

Cam has been changed..... mild upgrade.

"two pairs of cross rammed cb450 cv's"

Ha, got you beat on carb mod madness. I managed to split a VFR750 rack and install each pair on either side of the dual port engine for my Bus. One off manifolds, blah blah blah. Poor little bastard actually ran! Something like 10 mpg and the CHT would spike rather quickly. But, boy, it had some go. Would raise the front end(no wheel stand) when you got into it. I don't think that engine ever really forgave me.
    Next step was a more sedate pair of Corvair carbs. Worked, but iced up like a pair of witches panties. Then I got smart and put a Kadron kit on it.

NE
    Subscribe to SIX HOT ISSUES!! of WarmPipe for only $29.99!!! Interweb NOW!!!!!

I'll stick with the twin throat weber before I do solexes.

This long runner bastard grunts like an oliver tractor. Breaks 40 mpg and I've yet to get jiggy with the ignition.

What's the hot ticket on electronic ignition? Magneto?

I have a Mallory 4cylinder mag here that will induce cardiac arrest

I'm thinking much over 30mm would be overkill and kill everything but top end

Aren't those 750 carbs like 38mm?

....iced up like a pair of witches panties......

HAHA Pure fucking gold there!

I like the Kadrons, had a pair on my 63 bug, 1915ccwith 041s and the usual goodies.
    That was a deceptive but unfortunately fragile car. I miss that one! Crappy 70's flaired glass fenders, a stinger out the back (minimally baffled of course!) and built in airconditioning by way of a badly rusted floorpan!
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thought in clear form.
    ~Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links