Anyone else renting have problems with management?
Close

This is a discussion on Anyone else renting have problems with management? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I have a little backyard I keep and work on my bikes management says I can't it's a fire hazard. Anyone had this problem found ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a little backyard I keep and work on my bikes management says I can't it's a fire hazard. Anyone had this problem found clever ways to hide their bikes there working on or anything or just ticked and want to blow it off.
    DIYODS

Livingroom?
    "This site is bullshit."

right after college, a buddy and i did a full resto on a 175 cz in our 3rd floor apt. even ran it pointing the exhaust out a window. shook the house pretty good. living room is a play. that said, as a home owner, i'd be intolerant of such shenanigans if it were my house. working on the bikes in itself isn't a fire hazard. loose the fuel and the objection disappears. keep the discussion civil, maneuver the conversation so that their problem is only the fire hazard. then when you remove the gasoline out of the equation, (empty the tank on the street????(into a jug).... or take it off) and you're good to go. otherwise, another "problem" will come up from the management. i'm assuming you're otherwise being neat and respectful of your little backyard.
    -parks
    I\'m not handsome

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Yah I would use the living room but would rather management yelling at me than my wife... but yah I was going to call them soon see if I could manipulate them at all.
    DIYODS

checking your local tenant laws is always useful too, depending on where you live. If there is nothing suggesting actual fire issues (you're not welding/grinding on the grass at 10pm) and you're cleaning up after you're done, and everything you could be 'expected to do' when borrowing space, you should be able to converse with the management and come to an understanding. it really depends on your tenant laws to a certain degree

Get a good fire extinguisher as well. It will help your cause.

I rent a garage, solves all the issues.

From a personal perspective and without knowing anything about your lease or your situation, if your "management" is telling you there is a problem you could be close to losing your place to live. If you do things adverse to your rental agreement (including actively causing code violations) you could give your landlord a reason to begin eviction proceedings against you or at least cancel your lease and ask you to move. this isn't "legal" advice, just old fashioned common sense.

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

The ugly truth:

You don't own the property; Your landlord does. If he wants you out, regardless of the reason, you're gone. Talk all you want about tennant's rights... bullshit. The golden rule is, he who has the gold, makes the rules. Gas in the tank or not, start looking for a new place to stay. Think... it's not about the fire hazard. Your landlord doesn't want your bikes. Period. If that's the reason he evicts you, so be it. If not, he/she will find another.

Before I was married, and living across the street from where I live now (neighbourhood of duplexes), the landlady happily suffered my '72 Bonneville, and roommate's Magna... reminded her of rides on her ex's Gold Wing... 15yrs later, she's the first to phone the police when neighbours get noisy (ask how I know). Cops show up and the clean cut 65yr old property owner is the one they'll listen to, not the biker tennant. Start looking. Even if you win this one, you don't win... you postpone.
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

I'm "management".

In my old leases the tennant wasn't even supposed to change their own oil on my property.

The bottom line is mostly what Judey said and the fact that there's enough headaches owning property. Your motorcycle torn apart in MY backyard doesn't need to be one of them.

I will never ever, ever, ever understand why some people will let some trivial bullshit thing like an old junk car, boat, motorcycle jeopordize their place to live. And go through the drama of getting kicked out and moving just to keep that trivial bullshit thing. One man's junk I guess...

Yah I don't think i'm getting close to being kicked out but yeah probably just need to play it cool for another 4 months cause by then should own a place of my own. Geeto where do you rent a garage and how did you find that? or is it like a complex with the option of a garage?
    DIYODS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links