New to the forum Want some advice - Page 2
Close

New to the forum Want some advice

This is a discussion on New to the forum Want some advice within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; take a hard look at all the cables, replace all the juices before you go. last long ride I took required a road side valve ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    bcr
    take a hard look at all the cables, replace all the juices before you go. last long ride I took required a road side valve adjustment, so I'd recommend getting comfortable w/ that procedure as well. ear plugs are a must for me, wind noise can cause fatigue. I guess you can add hydration to that list as well especially where you are headed. lots of endurance riders run with camelbacks or something similar. have a great run, welcome to the board. cheers, bcr

Get a sheepskin pad for the seat and a big bottle of talcum powder.

BCR is right about the earplugs. That looks loud and the constant drumming will really get to your ears.

If you are going into the real high mountains that could cause getting issues--someone that know such things will chime in here on that.

Get a sheepskin pad for the seat and a big bottle of talcum powder.

BCR is right about the earplugs. That looks loud and the constant drumming will really get to your ears.

If you are going into the real high mountains that could cause getting issues--someone that know such things will chime in here on that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

SRR
    yeah, you'll definitely lose some power in the rockies, but it'll come back when you get to Texas.
    Flattrackin.

SRR
    yeah, you'll definitely lose some power in the rockies, but it'll come back when you get to Texas.
    Flattrackin.

duct tape is your friend.
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

duct tape is your friend.
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

Thanks everyone so much for all the tips. Ill be sure to take all of them into account. Alot of people ive talked to just think im crazy but i just see a journey that most people like me would have a great time. a bag of tools and all the suggested items. a one person tent, sleeping bag and just making it happen. sounds like a great time. Anyone on the forums ever done anything similar? Also the route i believe i am taking is from portland across i-84 down threw boise and and salt lake city down into flagstaff (meeting a friend out there) then from flag staff to texas.

Thanks again for all the advice

J

Thanks everyone so much for all the tips. Ill be sure to take all of them into account. Alot of people ive talked to just think im crazy but i just see a journey that most people like me would have a great time. a bag of tools and all the suggested items. a one person tent, sleeping bag and just making it happen. sounds like a great time. Anyone on the forums ever done anything similar? Also the route i believe i am taking is from portland across i-84 down threw boise and and salt lake city down into flagstaff (meeting a friend out there) then from flag staff to texas.

Thanks again for all the advice

J

I put over 50K on my CB400f including a WI to FL trip and WI to DC trips. I also rode my SR 500 from WI to NC, so I have done a few long trips on small bikes. If you have the time, stay off the freeway as much as possible, stop at small town cafes if you can, the pie is usually worth it along with the lunch special. If you have friends along the way, make time to visit for the shower, bed and food. Check your oil level every time you stop for gas and do a thorough check every morning before you start the day's ride.

Ken
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links