Linkage for rearsets - Page 2
Close

Linkage for rearsets

This is a discussion on Linkage for rearsets within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I like midwestconrol's style. I found it in their what's new section. They're getting my business from now on. 60 pounds of Green Beans Aug ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I like midwestconrol's style. I found it in their what's new section. They're getting my business from now on.

60 pounds of Green Beans
    Aug 10, 2009: At lunch today I had the special treat of being able to buy fresh sweet corn and green beans about 100 feet from our front office door. As some of you know, we have put in a large one acre garden this summer to help keep some of our people busy (instead of laying them off). The 'produce market' today was on the street next to our factory, so I bought sweet corn, green beans, green peppers, green onions and a yellow squash - all picked this morning from the Midwest Control 'employee garden'. The lady who was manning the stand (who is normally machining yoke ends) told me that we picked 60 pounds of green beans and a pallet load of sweet corn today. We feel fortunate that we have not put anyone on layoff in this recession. We are also enjoying the novelty of using a garden to keep our people busy and productive. What interesting times! There's a write up on this in a local newspaper. The web link: http://www.macombjournal.com/news/x1...-in-full-bloom

and

Television Coverage - The right thing to do.
    Jun 17, 2009: We have been doing a number of interesting things during this recession to keep from laying off any of our employees. Apparently this has caught the attention of some of the regional media. Today, WQAD from Moline, IL sent a TV crew to film and interview a number of our folks regarding what some of our work-creating, anti-recession activities have been. While they were interested in our political letter writing campaign that the employees have been conducting (repeal the stimulus, cut taxes), they were most interested in our 20,000 square foot garden. When one of the TV crew asked Mark Rauschert, our President, why we're doing this, Mark responded, 'We're debt free. We've had it good for a long time. We're getting new work everyday. It is the right thing to do."

Cool!
    Chuck #72

quote:Originally posted by Chuck 72

I like midwestconrol's style.(...)As some of you know, we have put in a large one acre garden this summer to help keep some of our people busy (instead of laying them off). (...) What interesting times!...
    nice! what a great company. they're getting my business from now on, too.

I'm bringing the rototiller to work tomorrow! Gotta keep the bees busy.
    Chuck #72

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

No shit! I've happily bought from midwest for a while now...I'll continue to do so for certain now!
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thought in clear form.
    ~Albert Einstein

I agree, you can replace quite a few four dollar rod ends before ya pay for one aviation grade end. I really don't like clevis and cottered pin setups.
    Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

Well shit man, I've been running the same $4 piece of shit rod end for 20k miles on the Super and it's been golden. No slop, no rattle, no failure. Guess I got lucky....
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thought in clear form.
    ~Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links