A Real Douche
Close

A Real Douche

This is a discussion on A Real Douche within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; So it was a beautiful day in Maryland, cool and clear. A perfect day for a ride. Went to a buddy's house for a bit ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Real Douche

bj

A Real Douche

So it was a beautiful day in Maryland, cool and clear. A perfect day for a ride. Went to a buddy's house for a bit and took some nice back roads to a Pennsylvania Dutch market for some pulled pork. Yum.

Well, I'm sitting at a red light on a little 2-lane road, a couple of cars in front of me, minding my own business right in the middle of the lane when I suddenly find myself heading for the ground. WTF? Shoulder hits first then whips my head down, WHACK, right on the side of my helmet. I look up and bike has spun around laying on it's right side in the middle of the lane facing the wrong direction.

Nothing feels broken, no pain at all in fact, so i sit up and take off my helmet. By this time the guy (65-70 years old) has walked over. I want to really lay into him but think about lawyers using it against me and just say "Dude, you've got to be kidding."

Now, I ride a bright red V-Strom. My helmet and jacket are both bright, bright fluorescent green/yellow. I mean, I light up a room when I walk in. Guess what the first words out of this douche bag's mouth were.

Wait for it........

"I didn't see you."

I ask "How is that possible? We're stopped at a red light. There are cars in front of me. How do you not see me?"

Response - "I don't know. I just didn't see you."

Fortunately there was a woman who saw the whole thing. She said she saw him not slowing down and thought "He's going to hit that guy."

Guess I was really pretty lucky. I've got Pelican bags on the Strom and that's what he hit. Those are some strong suckers, that's for sure. Both bags are messed up and the tank's scratched from my boot dragging over it. My helmet and jacket are toast but they worked perfectly. Other than that, no damage to the bike.

He was driving a Honda Pilot. The front right fender is pretty messed up. I hope it's a couple grand to fix.

Before he left he said he was sorry. I told him "Maybe this will save someone's life because you're only allowed one mistake. Don't do it again. Have a good day."

My hand is a bit sore and I've got a lemon-size bump on my shin, but otherwise no apparent injuries. I'll see what I feel like when I try to get up tomorrow morning.

First photo is where he hit me. Second one is where the bag on the other side dragged and spun around. Last one is the prick's truck.

glad to hear you're relatively okay.

Similar situation happened to a guy I work with about a month ago. Except that he was riding shotgun in a car that his brother was driving. Stopped at a redlight when they were plowed into from behind by a guy in a pickup truck. Also in his sixties or seventies. Broad daylight.

Now the guy is going to physical therapy every morning and he's had to miss some time 'cause his back is all jacked up.

Seniors should be required to pass their driving exams bi-anually, and these kind of "I didn't see 'em" accidents oughta be grounds for automatic revocation of driving priveledges -whether it be the elderly, or teenagers texting on their phones or hip-hoppers with TVs mounted in their Escalades. There are just too many distractions on the road.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, hope you heal up pretty quickly.

BTW, you made no mention of the authorities being involved. Did they show up? Is it possible that Gramps was under the influence?
    \"Hey, McCloud! Get off of my ewe!\"

Trevor,
    \'72 Honda cl350 (sold)

\'80 gs450E, the \"spooky \'Zuki\"

\'04 Kawasaki Ninja 500

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

bj
    No, he was definitely not under the influence. Just stupid. No authorities. Just didn't want the hassle. I got his info and my insurance was fine with that.

I never actually saw him before he hit me. Yeah, yeah, I know, pretty stupid not to be watching my mirrors. I should know better. Anyway, I don't really know what he was doing. I doubt is was texting, too old. Cell maybe? There's also a fruit/vegetable stand on the left side at the light so maybe he was watching some hot 65 year old buying melons.

Conspicuity is a myth.
    Now you know.
    LOOK OUT IT\'S COMING THIS WAY!

glad you are o.k.! call me if you need new gear.

tex
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

sue him for all he is worth!

i would.....effin' prick bastard.

maybe he won't "see" that coming either.

tex

old bastard in lancaster county came across the center lane this week and killed FIVE motorcyclist!

three bikes, all three were two up.....sixth victim is in critical condition.

i say you euthanize that son of a bitch!

tex

Sucks. Sorry to hear you got hit; glad to hear you are still among us.

Unsolicited advice: make sure you go to a doctor and get a complete physical. I know, it's a pain in the ass, it costs money, etc. But there are at least three good reasons for this:

1. Any lawyer will tell you that you need a medical exam report, made soon after the incident, in order to prove a claim for pain and suffering. And you really should consider suing for pain and suffering. Even if it's just for the bump on your leg and the pain in your hand. Get compensated for the stress and pain (and the ton of time you will waste getting this incident sorted out).

2. Some injuries are hard to detect. Don't just assume that the visible injuries are the only ones you have (you got smacked by a car, and your head did hit the pavement, after all). Only your doctor can make this call, not you.

3. You'll be reimbursed for the exam. Your medical costs will be covered by the party at fault.

Seeing that he did not see you, did he get a ticket for inattention while driving? In some states that is close to being sighted with a DUI.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links