Another new guy, now with pics
Close

This is a discussion on Another new guy, now with pics within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Wow, am I glad to find this site. I have always liked the cafe style but gave it up for many years after my last ...

Wow, am I glad to find this site. I have always liked the cafe style but gave it up for many years after my last bike(rd400) was stolen.
    I came into a collection of parts but have lacked the motivation to get it all together. Finally I put it in gear and started going through every thing to see if I had enough pieces. It will be a rd400 frame and motor with an rd350 swing arm and rear wheel and an r5/400 fork with r5 front wheel. Progressive springs in the fork and a goldcap airover kit with guage. roller bearings(Had to buy them they were not in the plie )Telefix clipons(I think) Marzocchi piggyback shocks and bronze swing arm bushings in the back. The motor is pretty stock except for a little port cleaning, composite reeds, uni foam filters on 30mm carbs and Factory chambers. I will swap the stock coils with Bosch blues but probably keep the points for now, they are cheaper than electronic. Found a small fairing, looks like an R90s at a shop for cheap and the rest of the tin is stock. I also have a like new me 77 rear but have not had any luck finding a front to match.
    I was pulling the old tires off the rims I am going to use and after wrestling with the rock hard rear for a half hour, success, but it cost me the head of steam I had going.
    Thankfully I found this place while trying to restart, so its back out to the shop. Thanks, Rev.Chuck

Edited by - Rev.Chuck on Aug 04 2005 7:47:56 PM

Bam.... quite the pile of parts you're putting together. Good luck with it and jet rich!

Some inaction photos. Sorry, the one of the bike is pretty busy

Edited by - Rev.Chuck on Aug 04 2005 7:44:57 PM

Edited by - Rev.Chuck on Aug 04 2005 7:46:57 PM

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I got a disc brake wire wheel coming. Also some rear set issues worked out and the forks switched to drum duty. So now I will switch them back to disk duty for the much anticipated front disc wheel. Next is figuring out seating. I built one for my "Johnny the boy" Kz1000, but this time I want that old school curved tail section look. Might have to buy one. That just goes against my nature, time to mock up for some fiberglass I guess. Chuck

Sponsored Links