Tale of the Cursed Dream - Page 2
Close

Tale of the Cursed Dream

This is a discussion on Tale of the Cursed Dream within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Let me take that upstate with me for a while. Maybe tz350s will start coming over the border, or the rest of the untapped barns ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Let me take that upstate with me for a while.
    Maybe tz350s will start coming over the border, or the rest of the untapped barns will open up
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

Firm prose Geetz, good read.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thought in clear form.
    ~Albert Einstein

Firm prose Geetz, good read.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence and fulfills the duty to express the results of his thought in clear form.
    ~Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, that was nice.

nice write up... so should i start the bidding at $60?
    running bikes: N/A
    project bikes: CB250, CL125a, BSA bantam d1

If I get over to my garage this week I will take some pics of this accursed object. It is a real thing, not something I just made up. Jaguar, my friend Grant from HFL, and I were wrenching on a cb750 two weekends ago when the subject came up about that bike. I am not superstitious at all but there is a weird vibe that the bike gives off. Grant know some of its history, and I think Jaguar didn't believe us when we said it has picked up some bad new orleans mojo at some point in its life.

You can't bid for it. The last 5 times it has changed hands it has done so for little or no money. But IT picks it's owners. If I just randomly gave it away I am sure it would find its way back to me and make me pay for the transgression, and the last thing you want is some bad new orleans mojo turning on you.

Another New Orleans friend of ours suggested an interesting theory, and that was this bike has above average will to live. If you think about it, it was stolen a bunch of times, and always recovered and rebuilt, and it was beat for a long time and it always found a way to keep running. His theory is that it draws motorcycle deals to it in the hopes that some of the parts will fit and it will get restored. This means that the only way to break its spell is to restore it, but without papers or a vin, this is a dodgy proposition. Also it doesn't explain why the deals that come to the person seem to be things that the person likes, for me it was usually cb750s, kawi triples, and a norton, for my buddy it was triumph stuff, for the shop it was vespa and italian stuff.

maybe the whole thing is in my head and I am going batshit crazy very slowly. But if so, then it is a fun and interesting slowly.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

entertaining web you weave Geeto67 I agree alot of the cool stuff is drying up except in the midwest for some reason but shipping costs make it not such a deal....oh well Im sure something else will take their place .Ive seen alot of dreams seems like they have been sitting so long only thing good one them is ussually the tank trim inside the tanks are ussualy rusted to the point of returning itself to the earth. I still dream of dreams my friend had one growing up we had lots of fun on .....I havent met a dream I didnt like they are true pure classics

Bring it up to me and it can breed with my parts 160 dreams. But keep it the hell away from my nice giro bike 160 Dream, it doesn't need to be led astray...

I have a '72 Boneville, which I bought in pristine condition with 9,000 miles on the clock - practically brand new (no, I know better)...

Many stories to tell about it, none of them pleasant.

Once upon a time, I was VERY ready to part with it, but a woman made me keep it. Now I'm stuck with it forever (as is Gurl), and it's gonna be a multi-thousand dollar restoration. But... it's like my first-born. How does one discard that? Motorcycles are truly the work of the devil.
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links