Vintage Ride Last Call NY Aug 14
Close

This is a discussion on Vintage Ride Last Call NY Aug 14 within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Last time I will bother you guys with this. Remember, Vintage Ride this Sat, Aug 14th Catskill Mountains. Ride starts and ends in Walton NY. ...

Last time I will bother you guys with this. Remember, Vintage Ride this Sat, Aug 14th Catskill Mountains. Ride starts and ends in Walton NY. Bikes 1980 and older welcome.

So far looks like Moto Guzzi will be the "featured marque", as several have said they are coming. Several Norton and Beemer riders are coming too, along with an eclectic mix of Hondas, a Gilera,BSA, maybe a W650, etc. Should be a good time.

Hope to see some of you all there. Let me know if you are coming so I get enough food.

Jack

A few bikes came in tonight, a motoguzzi Falcone, beautiful Cafe BMW 500/5, Honda 750 and a very nice Norton Commando Fastback.

Can't wait to see what will arrive tomorrow. Expecting around 25-30 bikes!

A few bikes came in tonight, a motoguzzi Falcone, beautiful Cafe BMW 500/5, Honda 750 and a very nice Norton Commando Fastback.

Can't wait to see what will arrive tomorrow. Expecting around 25-30 bikes!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

good luck..be safe and have fun!!!
    Johnnyracer

good luck..be safe and have fun!!!
    Johnnyracer

Thanks Champ, wish you could have made it.

About 25 bikes showed up and we had a great ride, except for the fellow that didn't make an off camber corner and put his mint Norton into the guard rails. Luckily neither the bike or rider were badly hurt but they both spent the rest of the ride in the chase truck. Another guy got stung by a bee on his tongue and had to go to the hospital.

The guys got to exercise their big bikes. Harry, who always runs a honda 125 at the giro showed up on his BEAUTIFUL 72 BMW r50/5, Dgy had a mint 67 Triumph 650, Geoff his 305 scrambler. Two guys from Ithaca showed up on Guzzi Eldorados with licsense plates reading "patina" and "Tetanus". The bikes matched the plates. At the other end was a mint mint 71 BMW with only 81 miles since a complete restoration--it was exceptional.

Dgy and Donny Kotter (won 305 class a couple times at the giro, from NJ) had a nice 100mph duel in the twisties, missing a turn and getting lost in the process. I never saw them, or Harry until the lunch stop, then only once again at the group photo.

We had 4 Nortons,1 fast Ossa, 3 triumphs, 2 Motoguzzi Eldorados, 1 Moto Guzzi Falcone 1959, 3 BMW's, 2 Honda 750's, a 305 Honda Scrambler, 250 Kawasaki, 500 Yamaha, Honda GB500, 2 Honda CA160's, a Honda CB160, 1 Zundapp plus a few more I can't recall at the moment. One fellow (Tommy Kotter, also known at the giro as scooter trash) blew up his 150 Vespa on the way from NJ, so he jumped on the back of his brothers 500 Yamaha for the ride up, and I lent him a 160 Honda for the ride. I rode my 70 CB350 Honda.

Only bike with any trouble, besides the Ossa running out of gas, was the 100cc Zundapp--it would quit when it got hot, then run fine when it cooled off. The rider finally agreed to put it in the case truck so they could get home.

Hopefully I will do something similar for next year too, or maybe the fall.

Thanks Champ, wish you could have made it.

About 25 bikes showed up and we had a great ride, except for the fellow that didn't make an off camber corner and put his mint Norton into the guard rails. Luckily neither the bike or rider were badly hurt but they both spent the rest of the ride in the chase truck. Another guy got stung by a bee on his tongue and had to go to the hospital.

The guys got to exercise their big bikes. Harry, who always runs a honda 125 at the giro showed up on his BEAUTIFUL 72 BMW r50/5, Dgy had a mint 67 Triumph 650, Geoff his 305 scrambler. Two guys from Ithaca showed up on Guzzi Eldorados with licsense plates reading "patina" and "Tetanus". The bikes matched the plates. At the other end was a mint mint 71 BMW with only 81 miles since a complete restoration--it was exceptional.

Dgy and Donny Kotter (won 305 class a couple times at the giro, from NJ) had a nice 100mph duel in the twisties, missing a turn and getting lost in the process. I never saw them, or Harry until the lunch stop, then only once again at the group photo.

We had 4 Nortons,1 fast Ossa, 3 triumphs, 2 Motoguzzi Eldorados, 1 Moto Guzzi Falcone 1959, 3 BMW's, 2 Honda 750's, a 305 Honda Scrambler, 250 Kawasaki, 500 Yamaha, Honda GB500, 2 Honda CA160's, a Honda CB160, 1 Zundapp plus a few more I can't recall at the moment. One fellow (Tommy Kotter, also known at the giro as scooter trash) blew up his 150 Vespa on the way from NJ, so he jumped on the back of his brothers 500 Yamaha for the ride up, and I lent him a 160 Honda for the ride. I rode my 70 CB350 Honda.

Only bike with any trouble, besides the Ossa running out of gas, was the 100cc Zundapp--it would quit when it got hot, then run fine when it cooled off. The rider finally agreed to put it in the case truck so they could get home.

Hopefully I will do something similar for next year too, or maybe the fall.

nice work jack!

tex
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

nice work jack!

tex
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

Sponsored Links