Glass from the Past - RESOLVED. - Page 2
Close

Glass from the Past - RESOLVED.

This is a discussion on Glass from the Past - RESOLVED. within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; You're still giving yourself too much credit. Read Bret's e-mail to you. He got back from Idaho and immediately addressed your problem. Nothing to do ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You're still giving yourself too much credit. Read Bret's e-mail to you. He got back from Idaho and immediately addressed your problem. Nothing to do with you(or this forum) pressuring him. A lot of people here know Bret and have dealt with him. If something doesn't arrive within 10 minutes of ordering it we don't go flaming him on a public forum.
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

quote:Originally posted by Hoofhearted

You're still giving yourself too much credit. Read Bret's e-mail to you. He got back from Idaho and immediately addressed your problem.
    I did NOT get a response from Bret until today. (I understand that the message mistakenly went into his drafts folder.)

He returned to his shop 9 days ago. Still, I didn't get a refund until late this afternoon.

Somebody probably contacted him about my post.... Just saying

quote:Originally posted by Hoofhearted
    If something doesn't arrive within 10 minutes of ordering it we don't go flaming him on a public forum.

(Please... I have said multiple times that I waited 3 weeks before posting my complaints here on this forum.)

And by the way... I didn't have to post Bret's email.
    [u]
    I did that for HIS benefit.</u>

(Certainly not for mine... knowing the flaming I'd take for it.)

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Here are my final thoughts on this. (Please God... let that statement be true.)

Ask yourselves the following...

1. Did I receive a substandard product that most people would be very unhappy with?
    2. Did I receive lousy customer service... having called, emailed, and having waited for three weeks but getting No response?
    3. Did I have a right to feel like I'd been screwed-over?
    4. Did I have a right to feel pissed-off about it?
    5. Did I Immediately acknowledge and accept Bret's explanation for the lack of response to my attempts at resolving this dispute?
    6. Did I Immediately post Bret's side of the story in an effort to be completely fair and to reestablish His good standing?
    7. Isn't it great that the internet allows us to read about other peoples' experiences with products and companies before we decide to buy those products or do business with those companies?

If you answered yes to all of the questions above, congratulations! You are not an idiot.

I'm utterly astonished by all of this. I really only anticipated that a few people would respond to my "Stay Away" post. I had no idea that anyone on this forum had any close associations with GFTP. I imagined that several people would reply with positive experiences they've had with GFTP products. And maybe... a few other people would reply with similar negative experiences. In any case, I had always intended to reverse my opinion if, and when, Bret came thru (as he did) with a reasonable explanation and a satisfactory outcome.

I guess I just didn't anticipate that the "new guy" would be perceived as a trouble making outsider who had come to this forum with the intention of attacking and denigrating one of it's own. Looking back, I can see that side of it. I was angry. (I believe rightfully so.) I intended to strike-back at someone who had wronged me. Who can honestly say that they have never in their life felt that way ? But... you're absolutely right. It's my fault for not gaining your trust first.

Not that it matters much at this point since the issue does appear to have been resolved with little damage to anybody, but...
    MrClean did initially come across poorly at the beginning and didn't know that Brett had friends here. Given all that I believe he handled the situation here pretty well, I like his bike, and if he would just fill out his bio, I think he might be OK.

Ken
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

when did we get emoticons on this site?

tex
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

quote:Originally posted by texmawby

when did we get emoticons on this site?

tex

There goes the neighborhood...
    LOOK OUT IT\'S COMING THIS WAY!

quote:Originally posted by kenessex

if he would just fill out his bio, I think he might be OK.

Ken
    Sorry, I can't resist one more post...

I'm a little spooked about filling out bios. Employers often do extensive online research about potential new hires. Since I'm not self-employed, I try to keep online information about myself to a minimum. (And I'm probably already doing a bad job at it.) Who knows what an HR manager will perceive as negative???

Just don't use your real name as your handle. Duh! I may have missed that class in cyber security.

Ok Pete,
    Then what is your real name?
    On the other hand, since the interwebs is such a searchable, public place, I don't say anything on here that would not say in public and stand behind. I use minimal profanity or sexual innuendo, in case you haven't noticed.

Ken (maybe not my real name)
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links