Glass from the Past - RESOLVED. - Page 3
Close

Glass from the Past - RESOLVED.

This is a discussion on Glass from the Past - RESOLVED. within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I just feel like putting my two cents in here, which is pretty rare as I'm usually only good for stupid comments. The fact that ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I just feel like putting my two cents in here, which is pretty rare as I'm usually only good for stupid comments.
    The fact that you got hit hard for a) not filling out the bio in the first place and b) a first post like that is par for the course here. When in Rome on that, I suppose.
    Regarding keeping a low online profile. Not trying to be a jerk toward you, but it didn't take more than 2 minutes (literally) after your first post for me to find out your location and full name so you may want to make some changes.

I have nothing to say about the Seat issue
    \"Pain don\'t hurt.\"

Couple of things....

1) the thing we are most concerned about in the bio is the location. This is a small community and most of us know each other in the real world, and through this forum make a sincere effort to meet other members in the real world. it is because of this it is unlike a lot of other forums and tends to be more like a locker room than a church.

2) You stepped on my nerve several times throughout this entire interaction - First by making your first post a business complaint which is just generally considered a douchebag move, the language of it was extreme and didn't inform anybody as to the measures you were taking to resolve it - it just looked personal, and third your follow up attitude I can best describe as piss poor. Generally we don't use this board for this kind of stuff unless it is a last resort, I have bret's phone number and contact info but I am going to be damned if I am going to pick up a phone for you with the way you came on like a freight train with a hard on out for "revenge". You may think yourself a champion of the consumer but frankly round here I don't see it.

You took a personal issue between a buyer and a vendor and made it public for your own selfish end not because you really wanted to make it right, but because you wanted revenge for feeling like you were screwed. Your first post isn't out there seeking resolution, it was a flat name calling to try and hurt his business. I am sorry if I can't take you seriously after your opening diatribe, regardless of how it worked out for you. If I were Bret I would have told you to stick it up your ass after that first post but I guess that is why I am just a moderator here and not a seller of my own parts.

...and the horse you rode in on.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

Couple of things....

1) the thing we are most concerned about in the bio is the location. This is a small community and most of us know each other in the real world, and through this forum make a sincere effort to meet other members in the real world. it is because of this it is unlike a lot of other forums and tends to be more like a locker room than a church.

2) You stepped on my nerve several times throughout this entire interaction - First by making your first post a business complaint which is just generally considered a douchebag move, the language of it was extreme and didn't inform anybody as to the measures you were taking to resolve it - it just looked personal, and third your follow up attitude I can best describe as piss poor. Generally we don't use this board for this kind of stuff unless it is a last resort, I have bret's phone number and contact info but I am going to be damned if I am going to pick up a phone for you with the way you came on like a freight train with a hard on out for "revenge". You may think yourself a champion of the consumer but frankly round here I don't see it.

You took a personal issue between a buyer and a vendor and made it public for your own selfish end not because you really wanted to make it right, but because you wanted revenge for feeling like you were screwed. Your first post isn't out there seeking resolution, it was a flat name calling to try and hurt his business. I am sorry if I can't take you seriously after your opening diatribe, regardless of how it worked out for you. If I were Bret I would have told you to stick it up your ass after that first post but I guess that is why I am just a moderator here and not a seller of my own parts.

...and the horse you rode in on.
    Name calling, attitude, and language isn't appreciated on this forum??? LMAO Sir!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Portland, Oregon. (But not the hipster douchebag part of town.)
    Umm.....wow.

Mr. Clean,
    Please spend more time on your motorcycle and less time on your computer.
    [email protected] from the Past

Don't get me wrong, it isn't your name calling I take issue with. Metophorocally speaking you came into our house and instead of putting your hand out to shake hi you took a shit on the floor. Now you are all self satisfied that someone cleaned it up. Well forgive me if I feel you should have at least some kind of familarity with the house and the people in it before you shit on the floor.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Like a lot of things, he's not going to get it- even after it's explained. His tinfoil chapeaux works both ways.
    LOOK OUT IT\'S COMING THIS WAY!

Forgive me for the ghey quote from a ghey(ish) movie, but it's the first thing that comes to mind reading this horseshit, thanks to Geeto's reference to shitting inside the house (BTW, I owned a dog like that once - shitting inside the house):

"No one, and I mean no one, comes into our house and pushes us around."

The singleminded purpose here may be to promote vintage motorcycle racing (and it is - these guys are as relentless as drug dealers - enablers, all), but it's the tightest knit, most generous group of people I've ever met (in real life or otherwise - military excepted). If any of them lived closer, they'd be on the short list of folks I'd phone to bail me out of jail, even the ones I've never met. I've never dealt with Bret personally, but others here here have, and if they say so, he's a stand-up guy - he's among the very first I'll go looking for when I need fibreglas. End of story. Climb aboard attacking one of our own and face the reception you've forged yourself.

Cynical Judey has nothing more to say.
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

I get it... Read the last paragraph from my post -> Posted - Aug 12 2010 : 03:22:21 AM

Yes. I have poor manners. I'm offensive. You're upset because I didn't follow the forum's etiquette... I thought this was a place where men talk about motorcycles? My mistake. It's a knitting club. I'll gladly go somewhere else... Where decorum Nazis aren't bashing newcomers to protect their buddies.

Vendors... When you are away from your business for an extended period of time...

Customers appreciate it if you do one or more of the following...

- Record a voice message on your answering machine letting customers know that you are away and, the date that you will return.
    - Setup an email Auto-Reply message notifying your customers that you are away and, the date that you will return.
    - Put a message on your website notifying your customers that you are away and, the date that you will return.

Any one of those things would have avoided this regrettable exchange completely.

quote:Originally posted by MrClean

I'll gladly go somewhere else... Where decorum Nazis aren't bashing newcomers to protect their buddies.

Looks like you guys ran another one off to DO The Ton, where they will make him feel good about himself and all do a big group hug to keep the meanies from Caferacer.net away.

Ken
    p.s. When I said I liked his bike, I was lying. Everybody knows my stand on 2 strokes. Satan's Spawn.

p.p.s. Judey e-mail me at kenessex at aol dot com. I need your ddres so I can send you headlights and you will owe me 7 beers.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

7 beers sounds like a bargain... if I wasn't so sure I already owed you several more (18-20? You could probably hold me accountable for beers owed you by catboy, unlikely as it is you'll ever see him at races again - like Tex, he's a pussy). E-mail coming shortly, virtual comrade/friend/motorcycle racing enabler/pusher.
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links