My New Bike - Page 3
Close

My New Bike

This is a discussion on My New Bike within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; quote: Originally posted by UngaWunga WAY TO DIG UP AN OLD THREAD LOL Hahahaha Next time Ill remember to throw on a bubble seat and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My New Bike

quote:Originally posted by UngaWunga

WAY TO DIG UP AN OLD THREAD LOL
    Hahahaha
    Next time Ill remember to throw on a bubble seat and call it a cafe racer - lol!

That bike really woke up with the new carbs, no airbox, luftmeister exhaust and properly tuned. Actually it impressed me quite a bit, I wasnt ready for what it had to offer from riding it stock. It kept up easily with some pals of mine on their HD 1200's, passing them throughout the ride on the twisties - good stuff.
    http://theglassboot.blogspot.com/

Here is a thread to get some better pics for those of you that are interested...

http://theglassboot.blogspot.com/201...05-custom.html

Other than the tires and thin padding on the seat I would say that this much more practical for the street than a cafe racer and it does look nice, I would want fenders as I am not shy to riding in the rain.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Change the wheels and tires. Put Avons on it and it will handle a bit better. I like the two-into one exhaust.

I am curious as to whether relocating the BMW heavy battery to the old airbox location decreases performance by raising the CoG...or improves it by centralizing the CoG? You can also use a lighter battery to shed a pound of weight.

hey gerry,

i was right when i thought yesterday that you were an asshole!

tex
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

hey gerry,

i was right when i thought yesterday that you were an asshole!

tex
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

I like the bike but the tires belong in a cartoon. Have you put it on a scale?

I like the bike but the tires belong in a cartoon. Have you put it on a scale?

Well, those crappy / stupid / non performance, cartoon tires are there to complete a look!
    I didnt build a cafe but just a little bob job custom to ride around on. These tires actually make a relative slow bike very fun to ride and I do like the way they look. If your into vintage then you might want to try to step outside of your box and try to understand, my inspiration was from a 47 pan which used a very similar tire stock. Not all bikes should look the same, nor fit into a particular genre, I think its nice to see old things with a new vision, as long as it is done tastefully and functional, sort of like functional art. But thats me, I dont love cafe racers, choppers, bobbers, road racers, scooters etc... I just like motorcycles.

I never weighed the bike, dry I could pick it up so Im thinking it was coming in around or just under 300#, that casted alloy adds up quick.

Well, those crappy / stupid / non performance, cartoon tires are there to complete a look!
    I didnt build a cafe but just a little bob job custom to ride around on. These tires actually make a relative slow bike very fun to ride and I do like the way they look. If your into vintage then you might want to try to step outside of your box and try to understand, my inspiration was from a 47 pan which used a very similar tire stock. Not all bikes should look the same, nor fit into a particular genre, I think its nice to see old things with a new vision, as long as it is done tastefully and functional, sort of like functional art. But thats me, I dont love cafe racers, choppers, bobbers, road racers, scooters etc... I just like motorcycles.

I never weighed the bike, dry I could pick it up so Im thinking it was coming in around or just under 300#, that casted alloy adds up quick.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links