What do you think happened
Close

This is a discussion on What do you think happened within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Found this article over at motorcycle news: What happens when you crash a Ducati Multistrada This is the result of a crash on our long-term ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Found this article over at motorcycle news:

What happens when you crash a Ducati Multistrada

This is the result of a crash on our long-term test Ducati Multistrada 1200 by MCN’s John Westlake.

The bike, being run on the fleet by MCN editor Marc Potter, is likely to be written-off following the incident. The insurance company’s report hasn’t been received yet.
    We’re gutted the bike isn’t part of the fleet at the moment but fingers crossed we can arrange to get hold of another one.

The crash happened in front of brave photographer Paul Bryant who kept shooting throughout and we thought it would be a shame if we didn’t show you Paul’s efforts as a Multistrada crashed in front of his face.

Did you hear about the pirate with two wooden legs?

They caught fire and burned his ass to the ground!

Are Ducatis that delicate that a lowside writes them off? If so, thanks for the warning.
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

Just about any modern sport bike three years older or more, without frame sliders will be a total in a low side at decent speeds. OEM prices for parts are stupid high. Tank usually about $1000+, front fairing section (unpainted) $500, pegs, engine covers, tail section etc. I've seen the way they estimate these things...a couple of deep scratches on the frame or swingarm and they specify replacement, just as you would expect a car to be returned to you in perfect condition after collision repair. Problem is the book value of a 3 year old sport bike is usually about half it's original cost. And since there are very few motorcycle collision repair shops the estimates will come from a dealership charging $90/hr shop fee. It adds up to $5-6000 pretty quick ...and that's enough to total most bikes.

Most bikers will live with a bit of residual damage and not worry about it, but insurance companies handle it the same way as cars, where owners expect the car returned without a scratch on it.
    JohnnyB

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

That must be why they call Brit bikes "roast beef". Spaghetti is a bit limp.

Went in too hot. He's on the wrong side of the road. He pushed and lost the front and lowsided. Rider error.

It was an ugly bike anyway. Best to put it out of its misery.

I say he was on the wrong side of the road on purpose to make a close pass at the photog and now he's off the on the side of the road in the sand and marbles ...down he goes. Photog error for talking the dummy into doing it.
    JohnnyB

My 2000 GSXR600 was totaled for a low side, It was just 1.5 years old.
    I was amazed as it had next to no damage other than bodywork, bar end, durlin slider and left side foot controls, insurance rep said it was the cost of the body work. I had a road rage driver cut me off "trying to hit me" in rush hour traffic on 101 heading north out of Marin CA.

shitty tires!!!
    Johnnyracer

I'm saying he dint hang off enough trying to look stylish for the photog. Ran out of cornering clearance, dug whatever hits first in and unloaded the rear. Then he tipped over(makes me laugh when Scott Russell says that on tv).

His gloves didn't match the bike or the rest of his gear. WTF did he expect taking pics that way?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links