am i an idiot for even waiting to buy this ? - Page 6
Close

am i an idiot for even waiting to buy this ?

This is a discussion on am i an idiot for even waiting to buy this ? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; You truly are confusing quality with sex Porous die cast cases and cover of softer alloys that seep oil and do well to hold a ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    You truly are confusing quality with sex

Porous die cast cases and cover of softer alloys that seep oil and do well to hold a coarse thread.... much less the retarded fine threads the more astute and learned asians never attempted

Well they polish beautifully and very easily!

Please.... the sexless OIF was the first decent frame ever built by the brits

from a technical standpoint, yet it....

just like the very sexy featherbed has blatant design errors very seldom found on the superior, but much less sexy asian frames

you are only showing your ignorance and perhaps bias....

Therefore I must take my own sage advice and stop trying to teach a pig to sing because it does waste my time while only annoying the pig!

Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

I strongly recommend you read

Whatever Happened To The British Motorcycle Industry

Its a good read.

I'd also recommend getting schooled on frame design and how long Mr Honda and others had actually been building bikes....

And how easily they started with a clean sheet of paper

Showed up next year with amazing flawless exotica at the track

...5 cyl 125cc inlines

6 cyl 250cc inlines

amazing multivalve OHC engines that made the stodgy tea sipping shot callers heads swim...

and truly stop confusing sex for quality

When you think a cast lug furnace (an open wood fire actually) brazed frame is superior to those sloppy welded frames that seldom broke

well I'd recommend refraining from frame design and building if I were you
    Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

I strongly recommend you read

Whatever Happened To The British Motorcycle Industry

Its a good read.

I'd also recommend getting schooled on frame design and how long Mr Honda and others had actually been building bikes....

And how easily they started with a clean sheet of paper

Showed up next year with amazing flawless exotica at the track

...5 cyl 125cc inlines

6 cyl 250cc inlines

amazing multivalve OHC engines that made the stodgy tea sipping shot callers heads swim...

and truly stop confusing sex for quality

When you think a cast lug furnace (an open wood fire actually) brazed frame is superior to those sloppy welded frames that seldom broke

well I'd recommend refraining from frame design and building if I were you

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

HackA,
    The 74 BSA T65 was a rebadged Triumph in an OIF. So technically, there was a post 73 BSA 650. I believe the teaching a pig to sing quote should be attributed to Lazarus Long (Robert A. Heinlein), but still a good quote that I use on occasion, myself. Furthermore, how can one confuse quality with sex appeal of a part? Appeal is part of the quality, it is simply another attribute of a design.

Ken
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

HackA,
    The 74 BSA T65 was a rebadged Triumph in an OIF. So technically, there was a post 73 BSA 650. I believe the teaching a pig to sing quote should be attributed to Lazarus Long (Robert A. Heinlein), but still a good quote that I use on occasion, myself. Furthermore, how can one confuse quality with sex appeal of a part? Appeal is part of the quality, it is simply another attribute of a design.

Ken
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

quote:Originally posted by kenessex

...Appeal is part of the [Q]uality...

Ken
    The Romantic part. The Classical part, though, if it functions poorly, is lacking.

quote:Originally posted by kenessex

...Appeal is part of the [Q]uality...

Ken
    The Romantic part. The Classical part, though, if it functions poorly, is lacking.

Touche Ken AND Spacman....

However..... BSA was teats up due hugely to poor quality.... sex appeal couldn't compensate for an archaic bottom end design the asians had the good sense to not replicate.

So this T65, one of which I've never seen or heard run may as well been a rebadged 1974 Crocker for all practical purposes and I doubt it's quality was any better than the wheezing 1973's that rolled off the line nothing more than a sloppy kit bike for a wise builder to season, completely blueprint afterwards

and then correct all the stupidity the many years of zero engineering, stubborn willfulness to [refuse] address[ing] the end consumers application.... as well as the shoddy sloppy crap that broke with predictable reliability

well you can/could make good machines out of them

it just aint easy or cheap

Touche Ken AND Spacman....

However..... BSA was teats up due hugely to poor quality.... sex appeal couldn't compensate for an archaic bottom end design the asians had the good sense to not replicate.

So this T65, one of which I've never seen or heard run may as well been a rebadged 1974 Crocker for all practical purposes and I doubt it's quality was any better than the wheezing 1973's that rolled off the line nothing more than a sloppy kit bike for a wise builder to season, completely blueprint afterwards

and then correct all the stupidity the many years of zero engineering, stubborn willfulness to [refuse] address[ing] the end consumers application.... as well as the shoddy sloppy crap that broke with predictable reliability

well you can/could make good machines out of them

it just aint easy or cheap

First of all, you can't even begin to discuss motorcycles, discounting the sex appeal factor. Sex is the primary reason you bought your first motorcycle (or else you were dead already, or a liar)... you either bought it to get sex, or in lieu of getting sex...

There's a reason British motorcycle industry was once held as the world standard, that being, when they worked properly, those bikes had no peer. While the metallurgy may have been less than perfect, the machining may have been (by the mid seventies... hell, by the mid 50s) sub-standard, and the basic engineering of the engines may have been decades out of date... you can't argue with the fact that Triumphs were winning races well into the 1970s.

Read, friend... I never once said Triumph, BSA, Norton made a better machine, nor did I say they were less expensive. Look at it this way... my 4D Maglite doesn't put out better light when I'm camping, than my made in China Ray-O-vac... but it certainly feels a lot better in my hand, and when discussing something which elicits as much emotional appeal as a motorcycle, sometimes how it feels in my hand is enough (ok, yeah... spare me that bit of commentary... how it feels in my hand...

I have a naked girl in the bed upstairs... waiting).
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Sponsored Links