Cafe Racer Forum banner

what the f*ck?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  engel 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Well,
dude built tank and panels from scratch, in east germany before the wall came down, so there where no RDs and such. Only Mz, Jawa and Simson. You wernt even allowed to bring a western motorcycle mag to school. Or watch any western TV.
Try if a translation makes sense...considering the circumstances back then, not to bad (cnc rearsets, calipers).
But hell- its ugly as fuck.

Chris

#4 ·
Just to make it abit more clear- you had to wait 15 years to get a Trabant. You couldnt just go in a shop and buy fiberglass. Or tires. Or a Washingmachine. If the (THE) shop had a washingmachines, people just bought a couple to swap them for other things.
So that guy with that fugly thing was something like a Jay Leno i guess :)

Chris

#5 ·
Thanks to abacho a quick translate of what the dude wrote.

I would like to separate from my absolutely converted ETZ 251. Search a Bastelfreak him my works appreciating. Everything did alterations were realised by me and assistants still at GDR time. If was at that time the absolute eye-cacher. Frame and engine are made original the tank and disguising parts after Yamaha forms RD and are modified for MZ easily, so that it fits to the frame. The following rebuildings were made.: tank as well as all disguising parts from fiberglass-reinforced Kunstrharz. left caliper aluminium downpour and from me milled (gave it of MZ thus never) - double discs to brake assembly in front, Einscheibe behind, punched discs, integral brake system, main brake cylinder of the sidecar MZ. - tele fork stabilizer.-16 inches of front wheel back wheel, spokes shortened comes from ETZ 150. - footrest arrangement Aluminium downpour, milled, back-moves. kick-starter twice foldable. - side stand concentric, because where normally of the Haptständer was. suspension struts behind 5-fold adjustably from Simson Federn and damper plural tail light Jawa bench shortened because of longer tank. rims brass anodizes. high-grade steel suitcase bearer for pneumant suitcase (suitcase available) - spraying according to model Yamaha RD I has gone with it many years to shortly after the turn. Was with it often abroad, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and after the turn Yugoslavien, Greece, Turkey. Engine and impulse elements were overtaken several times. If was always a reliable motorcycle. The following parts Having I still, in addition. However, are not component of this auction.: a general-outdated spare engine-polished cylinder and piston-left own construction caliper brake piston and sealing rings-shortened spokes for parts and various other small parts

Translation is crap though.

Chris

#7 ·
egal was los ist, es sieht noch viel schoene als ne normaler hockertank zwei-eins-fuenfzig'er.

drei scheibenbremse war doch wahnsinn in der land fuer das zeit. ich mag nur nicht die gepacktrager aber es war sicher im alltaglich benutz wie jede moto im DEH DEH AIRE TSZEIT. nicht so meine ding aber doch viel arbeit und dafuer ne stolze original besitzer ich glaube.

self cast left front caliper is impressive. the provenance of the arse ends hydraulics less so but using whats to hand makes sense. not big on the kickstart lever but it must be functional. lovin the centre mount sidestand but.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.