Craigslist Ads - Page 3
Close

Craigslist Ads

This is a discussion on Craigslist Ads within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I never buy anything over 300 bucks, so I expect it to be completely borked. I don't bother bringing anything, as long as the bike ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Craigslist Ads

I never buy anything over 300 bucks, so I expect it to be completely borked. I don't bother bringing anything, as long as the bike is mostly complete.
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...sic-motorcycle How to buy a used bike
    http://quiterandom.hubpages.com/hub/...the-Cafe-Racer How to build a cafe racer

It's like a Machiavellian 4-volume trilogy based on Hamlet senza misura with an ego-maniacal downs syndrome kid reading from a Rube Goldeberg-esque kindle.

As proof of my asshole-ishness in real life as well as the internet, I have used the "someone else is coming to buy it on XX day" as a seller. However it is usually a bluff and I follow it up with but he is not here now and you are. It just kind of reminds the buyer that I have other options. Most people who buy stuff from me find I am a pretty fair and decent seller and I stand by stuff I sell (even if other people seize it by not putting oil in it and then return it to me as if it was my problem). I treat it as the counter to the lowball offer and use it sparingly.

However, and here is where the asshole-ishness kicks in, if a seller does that to me I act super pissed off. Usually I will spout off something about wasting my time and I did not sign up for ebay in real life, and the ever glib well go sell it to that guy then and stop wasting my time by pretending it is for sale. I usually do this when the olive branch of I am willing to work with you has not been extended. I find that the bigger the asshole you are in this situation the faster and easier they cave, and it is espically awesome when they do it right when you show up and you literally turn around and walk back to the car cursing at them.

Selling bikes wouldn't be this hard if the whole "found in a barn" culture didn't make is seem like every honda cb350 is an exhailwood racebike. sometimes junque is just junk and the seller needs to be reminded of that.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

As proof of my asshole-ishness in real life as well as the internet, I have used the "someone else is coming to buy it on XX day" as a seller. However it is usually a bluff and I follow it up with but he is not here now and you are. It just kind of reminds the buyer that I have other options. Most people who buy stuff from me find I am a pretty fair and decent seller and I stand by stuff I sell (even if other people seize it by not putting oil in it and then return it to me as if it was my problem). I treat it as the counter to the lowball offer and use it sparingly.

However, and here is where the asshole-ishness kicks in, if a seller does that to me I act super pissed off. Usually I will spout off something about wasting my time and I did not sign up for ebay in real life, and the ever glib well go sell it to that guy then and stop wasting my time by pretending it is for sale. I usually do this when the olive branch of I am willing to work with you has not been extended. I find that the bigger the asshole you are in this situation the faster and easier they cave, and it is espically awesome when they do it right when you show up and you literally turn around and walk back to the car cursing at them.

Selling bikes wouldn't be this hard if the whole "found in a barn" culture didn't make is seem like every honda cb350 is an exhailwood racebike. sometimes junque is just junk and the seller needs to be reminded of that.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I rather thought, 'I got someone coming by tomorrow.' is standard. Simple salesmanship. Matt, I thought for a moment you were talkin about Chris' Guzzi.
    Veho, ergo sum!

\'07 Bonneville Black
    \'98 FZR 600R
    \'91 XT600
    \'72 DS7

So my buddy has some software that uses the RSS feed from Craigslist to search every site he chooses simultaneously. He's been sending me interesting listings from all over the midwest.

Friday night late he calls about a bike in Chicago he knows I want, listed at 1:04 that afternoon. I says, it's probably already gone. When I got ahold of the guy I was correct, first guy swooped it. Once again my Craigslist hard on has turned to blue balls.

What we need, and it probably already exists as I'm technologically stoopid, is an AP that alerts me via my phone whenever certain bikes are listed on Craigslist.

quote:Originally posted by Sic Semper Tyrannis

I rather thought, 'I got someone coming by tomorrow.' is standard. Simple salesmanship. Matt, I thought for a moment you were talkin about Chris' Guzzi.
    if he ever even think about selling that 'guzzi, i've got first right of refusal! now, if i can only make that happen...
    iphone generated fag

Not quite an alert app, but excellent way to search CL around your area.

http://www.crazedlist.org/#

Well, you could not work on it and eventually he'd lose interest and go back to scooters. Hey, did ya see that FZR ad?
    Veho, ergo sum!

\'07 Bonneville Black
    \'98 FZR 600R
    \'91 XT600
    \'72 DS7

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links