Cafe Racer Forum banner

Buell swaps?

24K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Geeto67 
#1 ·
So ******* engineering has this frame kit you can pick up for about 3 grand.. and you can pretty much swap your entire buell blast into the thing.. slap some paint and a seat on it and you have a pretty crazy looking bike. Was wondering if anyone has seen any other Buell Blast frame kits.

http://www.redneckengineering.com/blast.htm

Dont get me wrong.. I do like the way that looks.. I think I would prefer something a little less.. in your face.

#4 ·
Blasts are almost free. Hopefully they'll drop down a bit more so that I can get paid to haul them off.

A shame about the no kicker thing.

I suppose my point is.... ya'd have to knock one out of the park to ever come out in the black doing a blast custom based on a frame costing three large.

I don't see it happening often.

#5 ·
yea.. its the poor mans motorcycle mod.. It has two wheels, goes and stops when I tell it to. I will say this for the blast.. it corners like nothing else I have ever ridden. I have to be careful not to scrape pegs when I am making a milk run. It also holds up while I am rebuilding the M2 cyclone that some jack-wagon decided to take apart and leave in pieces in his garage for 3 years *twitch*. Or while I try to restore the old school TS90 and the Montessa Scorpion I found in my father in laws garage... sigh.. too many projects.

#6 ·
I dig them except for lacking a kicker.

They are plentiful and nearly new ones can be had for a song.

I'd customize one, just doubt I'd hurt myself the three large for a frame, from the getgo.

Diminishing returns and all....

#7 ·
heh.. yea.. thats why I was looking for a cheaper one :-X. On a side note.. I guess I can start a post for the TS90 in the project section.. except that I only have the seat and tank right now to clean up until I can track down a trailer. Anyone done a rebuild on a Suzuki TS90? Actually.. instead of hijacking my own thread. ill just start another.

#9 ·
That ******* Engineering thing looks like some of the chopped stretched Vespa's that used to appear in magazines.
You can build a Blast motor all the way to 890cc

#10 ·
Ron wood and C&J made flat track frames for the blast. I think there are about 20 or so racebikes floating around out there with them. Everytime I see one for sale it is like $7000, I think the frames alone were pretty expensive. It is a shame they discontinued the class, because I was hoping more would be made and become cheaper and trickle down to a street bike.
I would actually pay $3000 for a tracker roller chassis rather than that ******* engineering chop, regardless if I came out in the black on the back end. I can't ride a current blast because it is too small, something with raised up suspension and a better chassis that puts it at about the size of an SR500 I could do.

blast trackers:

here is a street tracker sundance out of japan built using the C&J:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.